30 days and counting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulthenurse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Only 30 days till we head to Key Largo.

That just occured to me a few minutes ago and I felt so good about it that I had to share.

Ya, I'd hate me too.

PTN

:yeahbaby:

Who are you diving with?

oh, are you on HBT as well?

Sure am. Diving with SWMBO. You coming to the U3 Brewday on Feb 26?

PTN

Sure am. Diving with SWMBO. You coming to the U3 Brewday on Feb 26?

PTN

nice! I figured there couldn't be to many PTN's out there....

U3 brewday? I'll have to do a little search over there....

This will be the third year where a buddy and I brew up a clone of Sam Adams Utopia. The first year's batch was a grand slam walk off home run. When we did U2 we fiddled with the recipie, adding more hops and some different specialty grains. U2 turned out pretty damned good but it's not as good as U1 so this year we are going back to the original recipie. We've won 'Best of Shows" with both but the U2 just isn't as good as U1. The U1 actually does better in blind taste tests than the real Sam's. It's a ridiculous grain bill, we'll be mashing in around 115 pounds of malt for around ten gallons of finished beer. Our starting gravity is close to 1.200 and we get down to around 1.026, close to 25% ABV. We turn it into a party, guys come from all over, we've had them come from as far away as NC and FL. Lots of guys brings their brew rigs and we'll have a bunch of guys brewing their own batches and kibitzing while Chris and I do the U Brew. It is a really fun day, we BBQ and everyone brings samples of their current/favorite brews. This year a few of the guys are talking about doing a Stein beer. As you can imagine, it's a homebrewers dream day. You should come by.

PTN

Hey Paul, 115 pound of of malt... seems like a lot for one night of drinking!!!
Pat B

Bah, the Keys! Better you than me! Too warm, too clear, yuck! No wonder you need 115 lbs of malt, who could face such horrible conditions sober!

Was that believable or did I lay it on too thick? :)

You almost convinced me, Chris, but the tear in the corner of your eye gave you away.

And don't for one minute think we face those terrible conditions sober. There is more than one kind of narcosis, you know.

The first year we went down there we stopped at a watering hole after the first days diving was over and order a couple of drafts. The waiter say's "You're in luck, its happy hour and drinks are two for one." So I say, "Ok we're thirsty, we did four dives today, bring us each two."

The dude brings over four pitchers. You gotta love the Keys.

PTN

This will be the third year where a buddy and I brew up a clone of Sam Adams Utopia. The first year's batch was a grand slam walk off home run. When we did U2 we fiddled with the recipie, adding more hops and some different specialty grains. U2 turned out pretty damned good but it's not as good as U1 so this year we are going back to the original recipie. We've won 'Best of Shows" with both but the U2 just isn't as good as U1. The U1 actually does better in blind taste tests than the real Sam's. It's a ridiculous grain bill, we'll be mashing in around 115 pounds of malt for around ten gallons of finished beer. Our starting gravity is close to 1.200 and we get down to around 1.026, close to 25% ABV. We turn it into a party, guys come from all over, we've had them come from as far away as NC and FL. Lots of guys brings their brew rigs and we'll have a bunch of guys brewing their own batches and kibitzing while Chris and I do the U Brew. It is a really fun day, we BBQ and everyone brings samples of their current/favorite brews. This year a few of the guys are talking about doing a Stein beer. As you can imagine, it's a homebrewers dream day. You should come by.

PTN

Damn!

:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom