38,000³ Meters Of Helium Wasted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
better that than helium. Alternatively, they could build solar powered planes or any of a myriad of other aircraft.

That gas would be better used for diving!

In fact that Helium will be still on earth after that aircraft is no longer inflated with Helium. It needs to be captured again.

I am a supporter of nuclear (nukular if you're a republican) power, actually. Although in Florida, I think large scale solar farms and solar on individual houses make better sense.

I think the Hindenburg shows why we don't use Hydrogen in airships. Nevertheless the Helium used in the blimp you mentioned only has a certain percentage of He use like birthday balloons. That would be way too expensive to use pure helium.

I think the Hindenburg shows why we don't use Hydrogen in airships. Nevertheless the Helium used in the blimp you mentioned only has a certain percentage of He use like birthday balloons. That would be way too expensive to use pure helium.

They do use as pure of helium as possible; it's a struggle to get enough lift as it is without weighing the ship down with 'heavy' air. Here's some deeper explanation: Hydrogen and Helium in Rigid Airship Operations

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom