3rd (or is this the 4th) Annual Venice Beach Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes you may reuse the oil...it takes 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per lb. When they start to float they are done. Use peanut oil.

I don't seem to have the hang of thihs forum thing yet. Yes you can reuse the oil. Use peanut oil. The birds will take 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per lb. When they start to float they are done.

t

Anybody consider ice and coolers?I have a 128 quart I am planning on bringing with ice.

OK , IF travel plans don't get in the way , I am going to TRY to pop down there. Gotta get near salt water sometime lol

Da Bean

P.S. AWESOME Mega-dive this last weekend !!! And we even had Bob Dylan on site too. :D

We're still finalizing traveling plans, overnight plans,
testing out an old fryer, wondering if + how we can procure and cook corn-on-da-cob.

Dessert will be the usual brownie sugar bombs
and possibly some leftover Noel Cake, depending on how popular it is thursday evening.

SFLDiver:
wondering if + how we can procure and cook corn-on-da-cob

I'll bring a fryer and a bushel of corn!
(BOILED CORN, THEN DIPPED IN MELTED BUTTER!)

I may be able to bring a shelter of some sort as well.
(Working on the design now to convert the Megatarp to a 20X20 open ended pavilion.)

awesome this is going to be soo good I just found out that i do have that friday off so me and wife will be in venice at about 3 pm on friday and check into our hotel and we wont leave till sunday morning. anyone else gonna be there early? we can all go out to eat fri night!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom