3rd (or is this the 4th) Annual Venice Beach Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the massive burner + propane tank = flame ON!
Just missing the cauldron and good corn source and tactical know-how.

I'll get the what ... 5 lbs or so of buttah?

Cooler + ice + some bottled waters, sodas, etc.

I'm planning on getting there with clan in tow Friday night as well and checking into the hotel. I'm limiting the gear to be brought so I will likely only have two basic setups and a tank for each of us. If you guys have all the fryers we need, then I'll just snag the corn to bring down and perhaps a shelter of some sort.
Oh yeah, and the scubaboard banner that we didn't get to put up at the megadive.

Just spoke with Mom. They'll let me borrow their 10X10 and walls for it so we have windbreaks and shade! I need to buy some more sand anchors, but that's not a problem. Now, I just need to reserve a room for the weekend and we're all set!
Depending on funds, we may just arrive very early Saturday morning, setup the shelter and banner and watch the sunrise. :) Only spending Saturday night will save us 80 bucks for the trip, and guarantee that we'll be there at least one night. Two might be pushing it.

cool, Im glad your gonna be there. if you decide to do friday at the hotel let me know. i know a really good cheap mexican restaraunt down there. the food is great but dont eat too much of it or you will have boyancy control problems.

I got a couple large pots I can bring for the corn! And trying to come up with something else for eats.... are we short of anything? Additional vegi, salad, another meat choice? I got some mystery meat laying around.....
Mardie

Since when am I referred to as mystery meat? :D

SFLDiver:
Since when am I referred to as mystery meat? :D
I knew you would take it there! :no Your mind is always in the gutter.... one of the many things I love about you! :D

cbulla:
I'm fairly certain that all that was left were carcasses with the birds that were cooked last year.
rebelmandziukan:
yep we ran out of bird fast last year
I think I got to chew on some small scraps, as the bird was gone quite quickly! the carcasses were looking good! :vulture:

What sort of tactical know how are you in need of?

tony

If we have another burner/fryer pot, should we do two birds at the same time or just keep the oil from one for the other and eat the bird in shifts? Seems like each bird would take an hour or so if its 3-4 mins per pound for a 20+/- pound bird.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom