4.5 Hrs in Honolulu. What to do...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, current info from being there yesterday. There are no lockers available at the airport. After factoring in taxi rides to and from Pearl Harbor, it would be cheaper to rent a car so you could have a place to leave the carry-ons (5 of us, way too much stuff to haul around). We decided to spend a leisurely 4 hours at the airport...had a long lunch, spent some time in the bottom level gardens, kids caught up on some homework...not too bad overall. If we had it to do again, we'd have made car rental arrangements ahead of time to go exploring.

aw shucks...and yesterday was a nice sunny day too...not like today...

if you come thru on a weekday I'm more available to help out...maybe next time :wink:

enjoy the rest of your trip!

Lisa

Yeah, no lockers at the airport. Pretty much all airports did away with that after 9-11. With this being part of Hawaii's main tourist season, you are looking at a long wait at the Arizona (too bad, I've gotten in with no line at all before when I graduated college there in Dec 2003.)

I think the idea of renting a car is better, spend the $30 and go for a drive on the coast, it's beautiful in both directions. Just remember that speed limits are slower over there, so calculate so you get back for your flight.

well Rick and Priscilla had their layover today...too bad we had soooo much rain...the poor people we saw walking in Waikiki were soaked, glad we were in the car! We had a fun lunch! Hope you can stay longer next time!!!

SB-gang.jpg

Aloha,
Lisa

Great picture -- looks like Rick enjoyed the sun on his trip!

Lisa, thanks for bringing the wonderful food. I hear they had a delay getting out of here. ....

thats okay honey, you will remain wrinkle-free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom