4 GPOs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snowbear:
I thought Hell was supposed to be hot? :D
You might want to bring your asbestos dry suit... :devil_smi

Snowbear:
I thought Hell was supposed to be hot? Unless of course it is frozen over :D

I think I would rather be hot than cold.

For hot, just find or make some shade, take off your clothes, and drink a lot.

For cold, there is nothing worse than freezing.

My definition of cold is Alaska or Washington State. Same current, same cold water. I prefer to use a drysuit for anything colder than 80F.

IndigoBlue:
I think I would rather be hot than cold.

For hot, just find or make some shade, take off your clothes, and drink a lot.

For cold, there is nothing worse than freezing.

My definition of cold is Alaska or Washington State. Same current, same cold water. I prefer to use a drysuit for anything colder than 80F.
Have you ever been burned? Have you ever been frostbitten? I have scars from burning, but the frostbite left no marks. Have you ever seen people jumping out of a 4th story (40' high) window to escape a fire?
You can dress for the cold. You can only take off so many clothes when it gets too hot and if the heat is from flames, taking off the protective gear will get you burned even worse. Alaska is warm compared to Antarctica. WA is balmy compared to AK.

Rick Inman:
Another pic from ScubaBob (my title would be, Waiting for Slack).
Or better yet... keeping UP from gearing up and getting in the water. :wink:

For those that weren't there, from left to right in that picture are:

Shane, Rick, Uncle Pug, Bob (NW Grateful Diver), me and Chris.

Looking at that picture, I bet you can't guess who takes the longest to warm up between dives. :wink:

The diving was just excellent that day, as was the company. Grateful Bob and I ended up doing a third dive at Redondo in the early afternoon, too. I was SO happy I took the day off of work!

Jimmie

kalvyn:
For those that weren't there, from left to right in that picture are:
Shane, Rick, Uncle Pug, Bob (NW Grateful Diver), me and Chris.
Jimmie
Shane's the one with the DIR hat. :embarass:

Snowbear:
Sounds like a fun day :D
Since Pug doesn't want me for a buddy for Barkley Sound any more, looks like I'm "stuck" with you, eh :wink:
I'm REALLY looking forward to this trip....
Hey! I'm an OK buddy... usually. :wink:

I'm really looking forward to this trip as well. I had such a good time last year that I would have gone on BOTH trips this year if I could have.

Jimmie

kalvyn:
Hey! I'm an OK buddy... usually. :wink:

I'm really looking forward to this trip as well. I had such a good time last year that I would have gone on BOTH trips this year if I could have.

Jimmie

Most trips we just kind've mix-n-match buddies from one dive to the next ... unless someone's really insistent on diving with a particular person.

We've got a really compatible group of divers so far ... and a couple of spots still available if you know anyone who's interested.

Speaking of which ... Rick, I need you to contact me. I don't have your e-mail addy and I need to send you some info.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Snowbear:
Since Pug doesn't want me for a buddy for Barkley Sound any more, looks like I'm "stuck" with you, eh :wink:
I'm REALLY looking forward to this trip....
Sounds like somebody's self-esteem tank is running low!

Sure I want you for a buddy. We all want you for a buddy. We can draw straws to see who gets to have you for a buddy. We might even have a raffle and the winner gets you for a buddy.

Now, what are we going to do about Jimmie's self-esteem problem after the "stuck with you" comment?
:54:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom