40 Fathom Grotto now $200.00 ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Confirmed by received e-mail. Not worth $200. Maybe if someone humps my tanks around all day & cooks me a gourmet lunch :rofl3:
Yes the entry fee is now 200.00 per person per day.
This is applicable to everyone, Instructors, Divers, Students, Non – Divers, etc.

Andrew Davis
Site Administrator
40 Fathom Grotto
9487 NW 115th Ave.
Ocala, FL 34482
(352) 368-7974

Interesting business plan:

1. Find ways to chase off customers and support;
2. Reduce income;
3. Take a tax loss.

Looks like they are accomplishing their plan.:coffee:

MB:
Interesting business plan:

1. Find ways to chase off customers and support;
2. Reduce income;
3. Take a tax loss.

Looks like they are accomplishing their plan.:coffee:

They are not taking a tax loss. 40 Fathom is leased by Jaxsonville Diving Academy (or some similar name). They have 20-30 commercial dive students per month paying 30k each for a 6 month course. If you haven't been to 40 fathom grotto lately, the basin is covered with platforms with recompression chambers, burning equipment, welders, commercial diving hats and 10-20 commercial diving students making dives down to 240'ish feet. We recreational divers are in the way.

It is my belief that their contract with Hal probably says something to the effect that the hole has to be opened to the public. Well, at $200/day it's open to the public, but not very likely anyone will pay it.

I re-did my guide status May 2012. The place had really had a face lift. The price must reflect their desire to focus only on commercial training. This is a disappointment. I hope that in future they change the price to make it a viable training site for recreational diving. The place is unique but at a current price of $200.00 per person per day(diver or non-diver)
a loss for most recreational dive training facilities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom