5/18 - Naturewalker's Going-Away Dive/Party - Blue Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there Sunday, but I won't have time to dive (that really stinks), working on making plans to get wet with you in Venice.

I could make it, but I'd be buddyless. Anyone want to be my buddy just until we get through the gate? Or do they waive that requirement with groups?

Hey, Dixie Dolphin... Where are the pics?:confused:

:scubadive:useless:

Sorry, no pictures this time. Left the camera at home. Next time, though! =)

It was just me & Howard out there (well, except for the eight billion students & such who were there, too), but the water was beautifully clear in the spring. At 70ft. you could look right straight back up to the top and see leaves on the trees. Absolutely beautiful! The water level was seriously low, though. Last time I was there, it was nearly chest deep on the walk to the headspring. This time, it was barely a foot or two. The drift back had us dragging the bottom & breaking the surface most of the way.

Nevertheless, awesome day and lovely weather!

We managed to get the first dive in before the hoards arrived, but dive #2 was way crowded. Not only were there tons of divers there, but the place was full of snorkelers, swimmers, and folks in tubes. I got beaned in the head a couple times by snorkeler fins on the way back up. I had to resist the strong temptation to shark-yank on swimmers' legs on the way back. :wink:

Anyway... you guys missed some preettty water in that spring. But hope to see some folks next Saturday in Venice for Naturewalker's Going Away Party, Part Deux!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom