5/8's DIN valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a set of double 100 pst tanks and the seller asked me if I was interested in the single valves for the tanks, I declined and did not see the valves myself but the tanks I bought have the 7/8 (smaller) necks so I am prety sure that they would work for you. Shoot me a pm if you want me to forward his email address to you. I do not know what he wants for them but its worth a try.

Hey thanks for all your help.
I feel like I should be eating a little crow (Raven up here in Alaska) right now.
OK so it's a 7/8s valve. I'm just a little confused. How do they come up with that measurement?
Can anyone make some sense of this for me?
Thanks Terry
Dive Safe, Dive Often, Dive Prince William, Sound AK.

Standard SCUBA is 3/4"-14 NPS (National Pipe Straight) and the 3/4" comes from the nominal inside dimension of the pipe. The outside of that pipe is about 1.04", the diameter that you would measure on the outside of the valve threads.

The 3500psi HP SCUBA tanks are 7/8" - 14 UNF (Unified National Fine or UNified Fine) thread and the 7/8" is the actual outer diameter.

Back
Top Bottom