50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?

If there is an opposite of a dive location, that is where we live. 10,000' elevation in the Colorado Rockies between Fairplay and Buena Vista, Colorado (a.k.a. South Park!)

Where do you dive?

The Caribbean recently (Grand Cayman, Aruba, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Tortola) in April. Most of our dives have been in St. Croix, USVI

Favorite dive shop?

N2 The Blue :Dive St Croix, Scuba St Croix, St Croix dive shops, scuba dive packages to St. Croix, scuba dive virgin islands-

Current certification?

Both PADI Divemasters

PS There are "two" of us! stcroix2

Yes, but all the rest of the potential contributors died.

Hi everyone a newby here just thought I would say hello.only dive on holiday but going to change that as just bought new gear and I am now 50.
Dived in Turkey several times
Greece a few times
St Amarlie st Thomas

Live in Edinburgh uk would love to hear from local divers as to where and when. I am open water diver certified with 16 dives.
John

Last edited:
Cocoa Beach, Florida

Winter...Florida Springs
Summer, SE FL coast

Fishing & Diving Center, Cape Canaveral

Instructor Trainer/Master Instructor

Yes, but all the rest of the potential contributors died.
No, not died. They'da gotten platituded in the "In Memoriam" section. I almost typed "platituded to death", but that would not have been appropriate.
Try Alzheimer's - the geezers forget to check in here. Plus, the next thing the mods ought to do, besides that Friends stuff, is make this a large-font section so's the geez can read this stuff more easily.

... stuff more easily.
So.... what're we stuffin' tonight?
What're we stuffin' it with?
I like shrimp. or flounder.
... with crab...
:)
Rick

Rick:

Didn't you say you were diving is Lake Martin? I used to fish there. Would it be worth my while to make a side trip to dive there when I pass by headed to or from FL?

26 May 2008
Rick:

Didn't you say you were diving is Lake Martin? I used to fish there. Would it be worth my while to make a side trip to dive there when I pass by headed to or from FL?
11 May 2008
11 May 2008
Rick; I've fished Lake Martin and Lake Jordan a lot when I lived in Montgomery. But, I wasn't a diver then. So, I know what they look like from the surface. Diving? Worth a side trip from one I'm planning to SE?
Hmmm... interesting question... especially interesting because I was thinking, while gliding slowly along the old Kowaliga bridge rubble, temp in the low 60's, vis about 8 feet, very few fish, basically nothing to look at but slime covered pilings strewn about like pick-up sticks, and mud... I was thinking... "I'm really and truly enjoying this... there must be something fundamentally wrong with me."
I shared that with Smedley after the dive. He said, "Yeah, ain't it just grand?"
So... if you're nuts like we are, yes - Lake Martin's worth a side trip. If you want clear, or warm, or lots of life, no.
:D
Rick
Hmmmm.... little Alzheimer's creeping in here somewhere???
Rick

I'd like to blame it on brain creaks. Unfortunately I can't. ADD maybe since I overlooked your earlier reply.

But, I'm putting it on the list for my next SE trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom