50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be 66 in a month. Been diving since 1968 and have over 1,500 dives logged.

Where do you live? North Georgia on Lake Lanier

Where do you dive? Can't count the lake as diving - more like a mud bath. Favorite spots are Little Cayman and Cayman Brac, but also enjoy Eluthera, main Cayman, and most of the Caribbean. Would love to try a live-aboard.

Favorite dive shop? AB Seas in Fairfax, VA, and the Dive Shop on McEver in Gainesville, GA

Current certification? PADI MSDT, BSAC National Instructor

Wife is a non-diver - which complicates travel for dive trips. Oh well, who said it was going to be easy?

Had two heart stents emplaced last November and finally got clearance from my doctor (former dive doctor) to get wet.

57 in Missouri
Mississippi river, wolf river. Meramac river, Boniare time 3, Fl. key times 2.
yikiki and midwest divers are the scuba shop I hit in the area
Rescue diver and nirtox certs.

I've been stalking this forum for a few years and I now qualify to post. :D
Where do you live? Salt Lake City
Where do you dive? Everything local. SoCal, Cozumel, Cayman, Florida, Hawaii..the list is long.
Favorite dive shop? Whichever one I currently work for.
Current certification? Certified in 83, currently PADI MI and DSAT Tec50

Philippines is my preferred destination for both recreational and technical diving.
IANTD Tech Nitrox(1998), Tech Wreck(1998) and Trimix(1999).

I'm 70 and have done 60 dives so far, mainly Sharm and the South of France. I only do warm water (the warmer the better) no ponds, quarries or reservoirs. Would like to go deeper but tutors are wary.

I do have a problem though, does anyone know who supplies wetsuits for well padded guys? I am 5'10 and 210lbs. The current Mrs P says I have enough blubber not to need a suit but they do stop the kit chafing.

52 from Virginia
Dive Local Quarry (Lake Rawlings), NC Wrecks, Florida Springs and Keys, Occasional Trip (when possible!) to Bonaire, St Lawrence River Etc.
No LDS; so I frequent many whenever I am nearby?
PADI MSDT

Bruce,
I'm 71 now, still diving, last was Spirit of Freedom live-aboard on the Great Barrier Reef in February. Used a full 1/4 inch wetsuit (I live in Colorado) for cert and again off New Zealand for Poor Knights Island. Never again! In cool water (like the Barrier) I use a light sleeve-less pull-over vest (about $50) and that's it. Keeps the BCD off my back and chest.
Forget going deeper than 60-80 feet; no color, few critters, short down-time. Not worth it to brag you've been to 140+.

57 years young
Open Water + Nitrox

Married 38 years, two kids, six grandkids
Live in Acworth, GA (close to Allatoona Lake)

Favorite LDS - The Dive Shop on Sandy Plains Rd.
Last dive was in Allatoona Lake, but I don't count those. Couldn't see my hand in front of my face, searching for a lost item dropped from a dock.
Mostly dive Grand Cayman.
Also dive Mexico (Cozumel, Playa del Carment)
Florida
Planning tip to Panama.
Cayman is next on the list.
:gators:

Back
Top Bottom