55lb bladders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by JamesK

*sigh* sucks don't it.

Not for Halcyon... most mfg's dream of having a product with such demand that they can't produce them fast enough!! :D

You diving this weekend James?

DSAO!!

Good Point.

Yeah, I am diving, but it is only going to be in the quarry. I am going to practice using stage bottles. It will also be the first time one of my dive buddies gets back into doubles after rotator cuff surgery. We want to play around here before we go down to the caves on the 13th. Where are you diving?

Originally posted by JamesK
Good Point.

Yeah, I am diving, but it is only going to be in the quarry. I am going to practice using stage bottles. It will also be the first time one of my dive buddies gets back into doubles after rotator cuff surgery. We want to play around here before we go down to the caves on the 13th. Where are you diving?

Stages are good!!! The hardest part is getting good at picking them up and putting them down quickly and efficiently without your light flailing about.... hint... clip your light off and tuck the cord (make sure it's under the long hose) before you start messing with unclipping the stage.. also anticipate what you're going to do and do it in order. Good idea to watch your buddy during the gas switch too and be ready with a reg/assistance.

We're diving Peacock 3 on Saturday and JB (scooter) on Sunday am.

Not for Halcyon... most mfg's dream of having a product with such demand that they can't produce them fast enough!!

True, but there is a point where the customer is not going to want to wait and may go somewhere else. Ok... enough about business, who is going diving? :)

Eric

Thanks for the tips! Have fun doing P3 and JB. Lucky dog.

but what about OMS's non-bungeed wings? I bought my 55# wing for $169, which I thought was an awesome price.

I don't think anything is wrong with them. If you have them or the older DR Classic wings (w/o pull to dump). It is all ok.

Eric

Yeah, just make sure they don't have a fast inflator (they might) or a really long hose (they might)... or a pull dump... or balls on the dumps.. also check under the zipper for something to protect the bladder from the zipper (like innertube)..

Not saying the OMS wings are bad just pointing out some things to check... :D

Yea. You gotta look for those things (reason why I like the Halcyon wings best). But with a few mods- you can have a very good wing.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom