$59 - w/2 Open Water Dives & Gear, Reg. $99 - Ocean Legends in Honolu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received this link in my email this morning from a travel site's newsletter I subscribe to. I don't know if it's a benefit for anyone - either local or planning a trip to Hawaii in the near future, but here it is.

If it's good - act fast - these usually don't last too long.

$49 - Scuba Adventure w/2 Open Water Dives & Gear, Reg. $99 | Travelzoo Local Deals

[h=2]Highlights[/h]
  • For $49 per person, uncertified divers can get a scuba experience with a boat charter and gear, regularly $99
  • The excursion with Ocean Legends in Honolulu lasts from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
  • Learn from a PADI-certified instructor during 2 dives
  • See various species of fish, sea turtles and coral reefs
  • Or, for $59, certified divers can get a boat charter, 2-tank dive and gear, regularly $125
  • A 3-day PADI Open Water Scuba certification course with gear is $259, regularly $445
[h=2]The Fine Print[/h]Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Aug. 10 through Aug. 9, 2012. Reservations are required and are subject to availability and weather conditions. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on products. Purchase price may be applied toward a future course if reserved at time of dive. Must be used in 1 visit. Limit 2 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. This deal cannot be combined with any other offers. No cash value or cash back. Tax is not included.

Don't need it, but good information.

Thanks for posting and passing it along

I saw that ad and was thinking about going for it (I've got a week in Hawaii this fall).

However, I'm afraid with all the people who might buy this deal, I could end up in a cattle-boat situation. I'm an underwater photographer (just an advanced amateur) so I'm looking for a shop that does dives that aren't super-crowded.

Also, if it's true that it takes out lots of people at once (I've heard this company uses a big boat), do they at least let you do a full dive based on your abilities, or does everyone have to get out when the least experienced divers get down to 500 PSI?

Thanks for any input,

Emily

well personally, I was taught 500psi is basically an empty tank. the boat I learned on if you came up just one lb. below 500psi you were done for the day. If you are a certified diver I would say you should be booking a morning am. dive. afternoon/shallow dives are mostly discover scuba, refresher divers and student divers working on their certification. if you book with a dive op that dont own their own boat yes you could end up on a crowded boat. if you book with a popular dive op that owns its own boat you could still end up on a crowded boat. this is a busy time of year for most dive ops in Hawaii.Its a great time to be diving Hawaii. you just have to realize other people are wanting to dive here too. so, what are your options,
well you could go with the least popular dive op, that owns their own boat....cant think of one off hand.you could elect to do a shore dive and hope you pick the right spot the right beach the right direction and hope you have a good time. you could book a private charter with a popular dive op that owns their own boat. or you can book with a popular dive op with or with out their own boat and rest assured that your experience under the water will be one to remember.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, this is a busy time for Hawaii diving. If you're coming in the fall, it's hit or miss on any particular day. You might get a crowded boat on a Tuesday or get a relatively empty boat on a Saturday...just depends on the day. But statistically (more like guessing), I would say weekdays are a better bet to have more room on a charter boat.

When you make your reservation, ask about the dive profile. I don't see why a dive op wouldn't let you dive longer if you have the air/NDL time for it...provided you have a buddy and he/she has the air/NDL time to stick with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom