60mm or 105mm macro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Topside the 18-35mm or the 20mm on film and the 12-24mm on the DX sensor, would be the substitutes for the fisheyes... Though I heard some people say "Theres NO use for the fisheye on land..." I would prefer, "They are not what they are UW, but they are a differential for sure." I have even seen G-R-E-A-T wedding pics taken with a 16mm fisheye.

I have a budget also!!!
The first WA lens I got was a 20mm... now when I use it, it feels like playing baseball in the bathroom!
One good point in SRL systems is that lenses are GREAT investment, since you keep them when you switch bodies... personally I don`t like paying more than U$500 on a body, but I don`t care paying a little more than that on lenses... you hear every now and then experienced photographers telling "Photograpy is all about lenses", believe in it.
Unfortunatelly now we don`t have many options in the fisheye level for the DX sensor as we use to have on film, but I would rate the U$500 or so on the 10.5mm and the 105mm the best value (cost/benefit) to invest in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom