7/10 pm dives hibiscus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok.. we are meeting at 7:30 or so at Hibiscus.
95 to Commerical Blvd. East as far as you can go, to El Mar. South (Right) 2nd parking lot. Unload there and find a parking space. See ya'll later!

Whirlybird:
In my other post stated that I am visiting two helicopter operations on Saturday, leaving Titusville at 9am. I have pm 'd scubajenny with my cell no. Can someone text message me with a contact no in order that I can hook up with you guys? That is assuming that I am indeed not gatecrashing.Geoff

The more the merrier! Welcome.. If you PM'd jenn she'll be in contact with you soon.

I'm curious - Is this dive really truly going to take place? So far I am one for three driving to Ft Lauderdale.

-Klaus

klausbh:
I'm curious - Is this dive really truly going to take place? So far I am one for three driving to Ft Lauderdale.
-Klaus

Hi there! Yes it's going to take place at 7:30 at Hibiscus as Jenn posted. I'll be leaving my self in a bit. I believe Scubajenny is already there. :dazzler1:

klausbh:
Sweet! See you soon.-Klaus

I can't believe I beat Jenny to the board! :dazzler1:

Klaus you were right it was SWEET. By the way it was very nice meeting you and Nate last night you guys are welcome to dive with us anytime. I want to give a special thanks to Jenny for leading the dive and to Marvel and friends for coming out with us too. I mean, we only crashed their singledivers.com party and by the way they seemed to be a very nice bunch. ("Singledivers meet SB Conchdivers The Movie" lol :dazzler1: )

I believe it was 8 of us in the water and I had a very good time. Oh yes I finally got to see a sea turtle. We also saw an Octopus, lobsters, crabs a squishy thing. Jenn what were those squishy snail looking things? We saw the fish sleeping! yes ya'll sleeping. I've done night dives before but hadn't seen fish sleep! I thank you all for making it such a fun and safe night-dive. :wink:

Ok, finally I am writing a quick trip report.
Good seeing everybody again. Angie, I am glad you finally got to see a turtle. And you got to see a lonely lobster. Now that you have seen one, now comes the fun part in learning how to catch one!
The squshy snail looking things were Spotted Sea Hares. I think I counted 4 total, including that what appeared to be an intimate encounter between two. :Kissy:
The two octupi were very cool, although I believe the second one was stressing out a bit with all the lights shining on it. Another diver told me that when they get those spots, they are stressing. I did mange to get my hand out and got an octopus handshake! How cool is that?
I had a great time last night. Thanks to Marvel who graciously let us crash her party. Thanks to Walter who did emergency surgery on my reg, and Klaus who fixed my tank when it was slipping.
When do you want to do it again?

Scuba_Jenny:
When do you want to do it again?

Soon my friend, very soon. Saturday night dives are pretty cool nice and relaxed. I liked the party after wards thing too! :wink:

Ah, I'm such a slacker that I actually forgot to post that party over here!! Sorry about that one & all- singledivers.com had a "little" get together at my house yesterday & if I hadn't have been so darned stressed out at work I would certainly have let you all know. I promise not to do that again!!

It was a great dive- my fourth & best of the day. Wondered what that squishy thing was. As usual, i spent a lot of time with my light out, playing in the luminesence but did get to PET the sea turtle that swam up to us.....cool!

Hey guys!

Thanks for going out of your way to call me! I've got your number now, cowgirl.

Nice to finally meet you, scbababe. Hope to me the "guy" (and "scubababy") soon!

The dive was great! Klaus, it was good diving with you. You're solid with your dive skills. Let's see, highlights of the dive for me were the octopuses, sea hares, sea turtle, and the banded coral shrimp. It was great. I feel like a bull in a china shop, though, when there is a current and a bunch of people trying to stay close together! It was fun swimming back south at the end with that northern current behind us!

Later!

Nate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom