$742 off on White Manta, Misool-Triton Bay, 15-24 January 2025

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,

I’m putting together a group trip on White Manta liveaboard, crossing from Sorong to Kaimana, diving in Misool, Fak Fak, and Triton Bay from 15 to 24 January, 2025.

Here is a link to the White Manta trip & booking details:

2025 January Misool to Triton Bay Trip

I reserved 7 spots for group discount (a free spot for 6 paid spots, splitting the free spot price equally to 7 of us, plus $100 additional discount by booking it through Blue Water Travel). Some of my buddies (5, including myself) have put deposits / expressed interest. So 2 spots are still open. However, if more than 7 buddies are interested, we may reserve another 7 spots. Please let me know if you are interested so I can reserve the additional 7 spots.

You can book it directly by tapping Buy Now button on the above webpage and pay the deposit via your credit card, which is nice & easy to do (instead of the old fashion way of wire transfer & paying wire transfer fees). By paying with credit card, you can earn frequent flyer mileage too.

I hope some of you can join us, it’ll be a lot of fun. I was on White Manta last August in Sangalaki. It’s a new, beautiful, huge boat (150’ x 30’), fast (10 knots), powerful (2x450HP), with huge cabins (200sf / cabin), and delicious food!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
Dan

Since 7 spots are filled, I went ahead and reserved 7 more spots. Currently 5 spots are still available.

Hey Dan - just grabbed 2 spots for me and my brother-in-law. Looking forward to meeting you after our Feb 2022 Blue Manta trip got postponed (I got on the Dec 2022 trip). This looks to be a great trip and, hopefully, we will get a bit better viz in Misool this time as it’s a bit later in the season and the La Niña event is ending! Thanks for organizing!

Reactions: Dan
Hey Dan - just grabbed 2 spots for me and my brother-in-law. Looking forward to meeting you after our Feb 2022 Blue Manta trip got postponed (I got on the Dec 2022 trip). This looks to be a great trip and, hopefully, we will get a bit better viz in Misool this time as it’s a bit later in the season and the La Niña event is ending! Thanks for organizing!

Great news! You are the last 2 on the group B. I may open up a group C as There are 4 on waitlist. That means I may end up chartering the whole boat! LOL.

Which cabin do you want to be in? We only have 1 left in the upper deck, cabin C4. The main deck cabins & some of the lower deck cabins (C12 & C14) are still available. Act quickly!

Also please DM me with your full names, email addresses and WhatsApp numbers so I can put you in our WhatsApp group (WAG) for group communication & trip updates, especially when time gets closer and we need to book international & domestic flights, which I can help you further as some USA credit cards may not be accepted by Indonesian airlines or travel agencies due to their outdated security policies.

Welcome aboard!
Dan

Great news! You are the last 2 on the group B. I may open up a group C as There are 4 on waitlist. That means I may end up chartering the whole boat! LOL.

Which cabin do you want to be in? We only have 1 left in the upper deck, cabin C4. The main deck cabins & some of the lower deck cabins (C12 & C14) are still available. Act quickly!

Also please DM me with your full names, email addresses and WhatsApp numbers so I can put you in our WhatsApp group (WAG) for group communication & trip updates, especially when time gets closer and we need to book international & domestic flights, which I can help you further as some USA credit cards may not be accepted by Indonesian airlines or travel agencies due to their outdated security policies.

Welcome aboard!
Dan
We’ll take C4 - Thanks, Dan!

Wow! 14 spots are all taken. I may need to open up group C. Currently I have 4 on the waitlist. As soon as I can get 7 in the waitlist, I’ll open up group C. That means I’ll be chartering the whole boat!

I ended up chartering the whole boat and limit the number of guests to 21. It’s a big boat. The boat has 14 cabins & 30 beds. So 21 of us should have plenty of elbow room.

2AB7822C-F476-46A9-B462-714DAAF32F81.jpeg

A new career for you @Dan :)

Nah. I’m retired.

White Manta offers a free spot for 6 paid spot, or 3 free spots for 18 paid spots. We then split the 3 free spots equally amongst 21 of us. Bluewater Travel would add another $100 / pax for booking this group trip through them. That’s where the $742 group discount comes from.

Going with some of my dive buddies also more fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom