8/4 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today was my last Maui dive until I return from Bali, Indonesia. I Have to dry out my gear for packing as I am leaving on Sunday. Be back on the 19th.
Maybe I will get a chance to upload a pic or two from Bali as I am taking my laptop.
Aloha till then my Scubaboard friends.

Dwarf Moray
1.jpg

Pustulose Phyllidia
2.jpg

Footnote: The nudibranch was taken with my Inon UCL-165 Close-up lens. I personally find this lens difficult to use as it has a very limited depth of field. I took a tip from "Tortuga" and set the camera to "manual focus", adjusted the distance to the closest setting the macro mode allows, then moved the entire camera to and from the subject until the picture came into focus in the monitor, then took the photo. This method worked better for me than using the "auto focus" and holding the shutter half-way down to focus.

Great pics as always, have fun in Bali. Meanwhile, I guess we'll all have to deal with Gilligan withdrawls for awhile :) Upload a few photos if you get a chance, for the sake of us all!

Hopefully you will get some nice mola mola pictures in Bali. I have yet to dive there to see the mola mola!

Nice pics. Have a safe trip - I'll be waiting to see some pics from your travels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom