8 passanger van

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Are the 8 passenger taxi vans easy to hail from the street or do you have to call the cab company in advance? Sue

We've always had better luck calling ahead, but remember you're on Mexican time.

We've seen them parked along Ave. Rafael Melgar (the ocean front road) adjacent to town. We've taken one before to get back to our hotel. Going from where we stay (Fiesta Americana), we have one of the bellhops arrange for one but I usually see one parked out front. On hailing cabs in Coz, it's not like NYC where you have empty cabs driving around looking for fares. In Coz they generally sit around in popular areas awaiting you to find them. On occasion, you can find one driving around.... or wait, they'll ask you if you need a ride.

If you are staying at any of the resorts on the south end it is going to be hit or miss on getting a van or not. You can tell the resort that you are staying at that you need a van and they can usually track one down for you. If you are staying closer into town it shouldn't be too hard to get a van. If you are in downtown and you need to get a van they are going to be very easy to find. Look for them lined up along the sea wall or in front of clubs like Carlos and Charlie’s.

I have in the past arranged for the large vans in advance. I also see them hauling cruisers back and forth, but never have hailed one of them to stop. Our group is at El Cantil, and the doorman has arranged for the vans in the past. I'll just have them take care of it. Thanks. Sue

We used the El Cantil doorman to get our van for our trip around the island last year. We told him we wanted a NICE van with a good A/C and within minutes that's exactly what showed up. The doorman also negotiated a great price for the few hours we used the guy going around the island. (some in our group speak Spanish and they were impressed by how much the doorman worked to get the rate down for us)

We also found that if you're at the El Cantil there is a taxi line almost always just across the street at the Chedraui.

Yes, and the taxis want to charge 1 - 2 dollars more to pick up at El Cantil. Same goes for Coz Palace. And actually, why not, it's a service provided and a convenience. However DH and I just walk across the street to Chedraui, or start walking and hail a cab. Sue

Back
Top Bottom