8th Annual Saturday After Thanksgiving Turkey Fry @ Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 7mm suit shrunk again. :(
I hate when that happens. I wish they would invent non-shrinking wetsuits. :rofl3:

Another reason why I might do the SouthEAST coast bash this year is that the water in Venice was TOO freakin' cold last year. :shocked2:

Sorry about the misspelled name.
No sweat. :kiss2:

Jim and I have discussed doing so again this year at the BHB--it seemed to work out well last year. By Thanksgiving, it's just tooooo chilly over that way for me, and simpler to do a little something over here! I imagine we'll start up a thread when it gets closer to that time.

Krista,

A local, warm water dive sounds like just my cup of tea. Let me know what I can do to help out.

Now that it has been posted that there will be a SE Florida event, why don't we leave this thread to those attending the Venice Beach event... less clutter for everyone

Now that it has been posted that there will be a SE Florida event, why don't we leave this thread to those attending the Venice Beach event... less clutter for everyone

Sounds like a great idea! Once you or Krista start up a SE Florida Turkey Fry thread, maybe we could get a Mod to remove these highjack posts. :blinking:

Sounds like a great idea! Once you or Krista start up a SE Florida Turkey Fry thread, maybe we could get a Mod to remove these highjack posts. :blinking:

No worries Joyce... They can stay. This isn't the official thread anywhoozle (for either event) so no worries. :)

Did seven dives today so I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooo tired to post official thread for Venice tonight. Will get it done though in the next couple of days.

7 dives!!!!!!!! I'm jealous!

If last year was the 6th annual Turkey Fry, wouldnt this be 7?

I was thinking the same thing...

Is this event a donation only event with no entry fee per say. I may be interested in coming once the offical thread comes out.

also what will the water temp be ballpark range?

I was thinking the same thing...

Is this event a donation only event with no entry fee per say. I may be interested in coming once the offical thread comes out.

also what will the water temp be ballpark range?

<snicker> can you tell I have been way too tired the last two days. You guys would be correct, seven does follow six. I think anyway:D

Dana, It was so much fun but I haven't been worn out like this in a loooooooooong time. Though, I'd do it again tomorrow :D We were all over the place "scouting". Though every drop rocked - unusual for scouting in my lil book. Only one/two sites were so-so. The rest :thumbs-up Captain asked me to let him know all details on site (fish, relief, etc.). One dive, after a long while, I finally came up and told him it was time for him to grab a tank - the site was that good - and went on for long, long while.

racedude, last year was pretty cold though many did dive (myself included). Temps range... Just kinda depends on the year we are having. YOu can check this thread to try and gain some sort of an idea: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/215852-area-gulf-water-conditions.html Thread isn't quite old enough to give you a true average yet but... No worries if you/we don't dive, you will still have a great time - promise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom