9/7 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Frog fish is very bellissimo!!!

Very nice pics. The fire dartfish's shadow is almost directly beneath it. Was it natural lighting in very shallow water, or did your strobe(s) have very long arms?

Spoon:
awesome pics as usual. the viz on the wreck looks splendid. by the way am i hallucinating or is there a turtle on the left side of the boat near the side railings?

Yes it's a turtle. There are several living on the wreck. They are conditioned to the divers and hardly move from them. Pauline, owner of Mike Severns Diving has them all identified via photos.
The head pattern on each turtle is different just like our fingerprints.

discrepancy:
Very nice pics. The fire dartfish's shadow is almost directly beneath it. Was it natural lighting in very shallow water, or did your strobe(s) have very long arms?

Was at about 75 feet on that shot at Molokini Crater. My strobe has about a 12" arm. I use a loc-line arm so I am always experimenting with the length of it by adding and removing sections.

When we were on the wreck in early August there were at least 4-5 turtles there as well. They swam right up and posed for us.

Saw the Frogfish there as well..they are big suckers and blend in so well to the wreck that it took a couple of looks before I saw what was being pointed at.

Great pics as usual Jim.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom