905 drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
Just bought a black large (size "D") 905 this afternoon. :D Now I just have to wait for it to come in...
So, want to go give it a try in the Cooper River in a few weeks???
Rick :)

There is a rumor that Dacor dry suit has been also manufactured by the same source as DR 905. Is it true?

Rick Murchison:
So, want to go give it a try in the Cooper River in a few weeks???
Rick :)
They mentioned that DiveRite might not have them in stock and they'd find out on Tuesday what the deal is. If they're not in stock with DiveRite it could be awhile before I get one. If they are in stock it'd probably be a week or two before I get it.

I don't know why these things are so overpriced.... All they are is waterproof lamiate and a couple of rubber seals. I guess it's the cost of manpower/labor involved and somewhat low volume.

Dive Rite wants $1600 for the 905 now.
Late last year they wanted $1400.
A year ago it was $1200.

So we're talking about a 33% increase in price in about 1 year on the 905.

I was thinking about buying one at my LDS Christmas sale this year. (Last year they had a great deal on them.) This year they had gone up so much that the LDS didn't even put them on sale.

I just can't justify $1600 for a drysuit (not to mention buying undergarments, etc) for something just to give me a few extra dives a year.

You can't, but I can, especially since I had a nice deal on it. :D
I hate my thick wetsuit. I absolutely hate it. I have to squeeze myself into it, pull it on, it's thick and restrictive...and by the time I have it on, I'm exhausted and frustrated.

HOw's the TUSA X-Pert Dry suit?

Much more attractive price of about $850 new. (compared to $1600 for the Dive Rite 905)

hoosier:
There is a rumor that Dacor dry suit has been also manufactured by the same source as DR 905. Is it true?

They're not the same. The 905 has superior seams because they are not butted together like the Dacor suit -- on the 905 they are overflapped and then welded giving the seams themselves more strength than the rest of the suit!

Jordan:
They're not the same. The 905 has superior seams because they are not butted together like the Dacor suit -- on the 905 they are overflapped and then welded giving the seams themselves more strength than the rest of the suit!

Are they made by the same company?

Have there been any changes made to the 905 between early 2004 and now?

I have the chance to get a used one manufactured in January of 2004 for a nice price. I'm curious how much has changed since then. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear it. :) I know the latest ones have SiTech valves (inlet valve moves to the side), thigh pockets, and shoulder/knee/elbow/butt wear pads.

SparticleBrane:
Have there been any changes made to the 905 between early 2004 and now?

I have the chance to get a used one manufactured in January of 2004 for a nice price. I'm curious how much has changed since then. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear it. :) I know the latest ones have SiTech valves (inlet valve moves to the side), thigh pockets, and shoulder/knee/elbow/butt wear pads.
There's been a recent change in boot supplier... don't know exactly how "recent," though.
FWIW mine are the "old" boots and they're just fine, thank you :) - I think the change was an availability and not a quality issue.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom