A brag by way of a funny story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fun story, and a good illustration of your skill in the water. I, like your friend Danny ( and, apparently, you as well) move as little as possible on a dive. good buoyancy and trim and compete relaxation are all involved, as you know. As good as I may be at motionlessness, no one has ever mistaken me for comatose. I must need more practice!
DivemasterDennis

Years and years ago, I watched a video of AG on a wreck dive in the Red Sea. He comes up at the end of the dive, levels out, and pulls out his wetnotes and starts logging -- without moving a single thing other than the arm that goes into his pocket to get out the wetnotes. And he sits there and writes without moving, and then the camera pulls back and shows three of them, all sitting there absolutely motionless. When I originally watched that video, I thought it was Photoshopped -- NOBODY could be that still. I have since learned that it isn't even rare, but man, does it take a lot of work to get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom