A career in Diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I you can or want to live on $200 to 500 per month, think about starting a career in diving. If you get lucky, you find a store paying for your training while you work there. If not, you may have to come up with $3.000 to $4.000 for all the courses up to Instructor. While some dive stores offer 8-week courses to go from no diving to Instructor, I would definitely not recommend this. You should have at least 100 dives under your belt before you even take your exam, and I would think it would be a good idea to work at various dive stores in different countries to get a flavor for the industry.

Absolutely Cave Diver - I plan to do my DM in Dahab and then head over to Thailand to do my IDC and then on my travels will have the opportunity to dive in Oz and Canada... As for the $$$ 5 years in London selling my sole to the devil has had one positive outcome... that is having the funds behind me! As for the dive count Im on 35 and hope to be over 100 by the time I have done my DM so fingers crossed will be well beyond 100 once i do my IE... I'm also picking up my German again having studied it for 4 years at school... we will see!

German is quite handy to have (depending where you go). I did similar after 4 years of it then not used - i brushed up and it comes in handy diving.
Russian would be very useful in some parts of the world now as well.

good luck...keep us "posted"

Back
Top Bottom