A Few Morrison Pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went to Morrison Saturday morning to dial in my sidemount rig, and test my new flash in the cavern. I made it to Morrison around 8:30 AM. There was one group of divers already on site. Weather was cloudy and misting.

The basin was very milky from all the rain the day before. Silt had not been kicked up yet at this point. Since I was diving solo, I swam around and tested my equipment before heading in to the cavern. I tied my reel on to a rock by the grim reaper sign, and ran the line down in the cavern. I had the cavern to myself. I looked around the cavern and enjoyed exploring one of my favorite dive sites. The eels were out in force, it was good to see so many large eels out and about.

I won't bore you with the details of the second dive. But I did spend some time looking at the strong flow coming from under the large rock. It appears to me that the main flow is now coming from under the large rock, not from the bottom hole. It also appears to me that the opening under the large rock is about twice the size as the last time I was in there.

I am posting a few pictures from Saturdays dive:

morrisonmorning2.jpg

morrisonplatform-1.jpg

Cavern Entrance
morrisonsign.jpg

morrisonupwards.jpg

morrisonopening2.jpg

Happiness is seeing your reel in a cavern
reelmorrison.jpg

It is hard to tell how large the opening under the rock has become.
newventmorrison.jpg

morrisonrealfish.jpg

Eels were very active
eelcity.jpg

fakefish.jpg

morrisonrealfish2.jpg

morrisonrope.jpg

Grerat shots Glen, with the rain coming through today, we can expect the basin to go under again for some amount of time...

Looks like you hit it at just the right time!

Great shots Glen. The new flash must be working very good? Glad you had a good day out!
Bless,
Kenny P.

Kenny, I understand you guys had a few good dives over the weekend too :D

Kenny, I understand you guys had a few good dives over the weekend too :D
Awesome & large FUN. I like the 100's best!:)
Bless,
Kenny P.

I agree, the basin was still pretty high. It won't take much rain to blow it out again. Students were out in force on Saturday. I counted about 40 when I was packing up after my second dive. Everyone seemed well behaved and having a good time.

I tried some task loading on the second dive. After finishing in the cavern, I carried my camera (that new DS-160 strobe is some kind of heavy), and I pulled my reel. If anyone was watching, it must have looked pretty funny. The flow out of Morrison is as strong as it has ever been. BUT I didn't tangle the reel and no one was awarding points for form!:wink:

Grerat shots Glen, with the rain coming through today, we can expect the basin to go under again for some amount of time...

Looks like you hit it at just the right time!

Thanks Kenny. I was very pleased with the new flash. I tested a few shots across the cavern and it does MUCH better then my other strobes. I need to get some more practice with it. SeaYoda and I are supposed to take some shots in the cavern Wednesday, hopefully I can try it again.

Great shots Glen. The new flash must be working very good? Glad you had a good day out!
Bless,
Kenny P.

Thanks, the sun was not really out at all Saturday. I noticed a little light coming in, so a longer exposure helped to brighten things up a little.

Nice shots!
The last one looking out of the cavern is really cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom