A good place in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for Playa Del Carmen. Certified their a few years back (with Abyss Dive Center). Enough shallow (30ft range) reef dives with enough life to make the certification dives enjoyable. Easy drift dives and warm temps make the skills easy to perform. I would recommend doing the classroom portion back in Montreal, then your friend won't have to waste valuable vacation time watching video's and doing tests that can just as easily be done at home, plus the pools are pretty much the same temp :D.

The Sea of Cortez is biologically the richest body of water on the planet, supporting more than 900 species of marine vertebrates and more than 2,000 invertebrates at last count. The reported number rises with the publication of each new marine study. Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San Diego, California, has pronounced the Cortez “one of the most productive and diverse marine nurseries on Earth,”
Scripps Institution of Oceanography

Jacques Cousteau named the sea of Cortez the worlds Aquarium and so loved the Diving here built a house at Cabo Pulmo just to study the many species of marine life found here.
so anyone one that says Diving sucks in Cabo must not read the posts or have never dove here.
Its possable to have a bad Day of Diving or a bad experence anywhere but most Days Diving Cabo are great.

The Sea of Cortez is biologically the richest body of water on the planet, supporting more than 900 species of marine vertebrates and more than 2,000 invertebrates at last count. The reported number rises with the publication of each new marine study. Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San Diego, California, has pronounced the Cortez “one of the most productive and diverse marine nurseries on Earth,”
Scripps Institution of Oceanography

Jacques Cousteau named the sea of Cortez the worlds Aquarium and so loved the Diving here built a house at Cabo Pulmo just to study the many species of marine life found here.
so anyone one that says Diving sucks in Cabo must not read the posts or have never dove here.
Its possable to have a bad Day of Diving or a bad experence anywhere but most Days Diving Cabo are great.

How many people who go to Cabo, go 200 miles to the east side of the peninsula to dive? When somebody says they are diving in Cabo, I think diving in Cabo and going to look at sand shoots.

Hey!
I can really recommend PLaya del Carmen as an initial point for dive excursions. Diversity Diving is my favourite Diving school here. Its a really professional place with nice people, own center with restaurant, accommodations and swimming pool. They offer a huge amount of specials like diving in playa at the beach or goiong to cozumel or cenotes. Playa del Carmen is a really nice place to stay and its just perfect for doing some tours to cozumel or the tourist attractions like chichen itza or the nice beach of akumal to snorkel with turtels and its really close to cancnun as well... I think its the best place because all of the attractions are really close and in addition to that Diversity Diving is a great diving school to begin diving. The team is fun to hang out with and their services are great...just visit their homepage: Playa del Carmen Scuba Diving | Diversity Diving in Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Back
Top Bottom