A Gray Angelfish chillin'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROUS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Taken at John Halas, North Wall, Grand Cayman, August 2023
(Lumix LX-10, NA-LX10 housing, BigBlue 4600s, red filter, blue light, 4K)

Frenchie - sm 1400.jpg

That looks like a Grey Angelfish to me. Maybe I’m reading Paul Humann wrong but I look for the yellow edges on scales on a French, and dark grey ”bubbles” on the scales of a Grey.
French Angelfish, Nassau, Bahamas. SeaLife Micro 3.0 with lots of aid from my iPad. 😉
Froggie

Attachments

• MICR0240.jpeg
    MICR0240.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 46
Oops. The new one picture at a time rule got me! Here is one I ID’d as a Grey, same dive, same camera, same “enhancement“ on my iPad.
🐸

Attachments

• MICR0246.jpeg
    MICR0246.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 48
Wow! You're right. Thanks for the identification. I've got to change the above comments.

Por nada, amigo! I have a sort of a fetish for Angelfish. One of my favorite memories was a drift dive off West Palm Beach, FL where in a single dive, on a single roll of film in my trusty old Nikonos. I got good images of a French, a Grey, a Blue, a Queen and even a little Rock Beauty. Five Angels on a single dive! This time in Nassau in June I got good images of the Grey and French and a pretty good one of a Queen, but only marginal images of a Blue and questionable for the Rock Beauty. And that was 4 two tank dives and over 400 images. Wanna see a bunch of fuzzy pictures of inquisitive reef sharks? :sharkattack:

They weren't aggressive, but on some dives I felt like shooing them away so I could take pictures of other fish... ANY other fish!

🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom