A little Maui here, a little Maui there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your right about the Doobie Brothers. There are 2 originals, Pat Simmons and Tom Johnston but, John Mcfee and Big Mike Hossack have been with them for 30 years....on and off/give or take. Keith Knudsen who was also a Doobie Brother, died a couple of years ago due to a nasty bout with pneumonia. He was a very dear friend of mine. His wife Kate, gave me his beloved beautiful buckskin horse "Tucker." So there really are only four Doobie Brothers.

Now, there are the sidemen. Guy Allison (key boards), Marc Russo (sax), Ed Toth (drums #2, who replaced Keith) and Skylark (bass) of whom I had dinner with last night with his wife Linda. Skylark and Linda are still here on Maui :)

Wish you could have made the show!

As soon as I get home and get some stuff edited I'll post the box fish on here. I still have to work on the last video I did in Hawaii, lol. I promised Justleesa I would send her a DVD (since she's in it) but, I haven't had a chance to get it done yet.

Yes, Pete found the shrimp...no problem. Thanks for giving him directions! I've been wanting to get them on video for a while now. I saw the video last night. Pete and I both worked the camera. It's pretty good if I do say so myself :)

btw...I heard you were talking about me today, lol. I saw Gary at the boat ramp this morning after we got back. I actually had to come up a little earlier on the second dive. Yikes! I have 4 dives tomorrow. I need to get lots of sleep tomorrow.

Hey Al and Jill, I heard your going out with B&B tomorrow. Look for me on the dock. Race ya! lol

Lucky you, to be so close to the Doobies. Only knowing them from albums, radio and pre '90 concerts, for me Hartman and Porter are 2 of the 5 real Doobies left, even if they are retired. No offence to McFee, I also have a hard time calling Steve Morse real Deep Purple but will gladly go to their show because of him.

Now there's a couple of past members that will always be a Doobie Brother to me. I never got to know John Hartman but, have seen him with them. Tiran Porter I've met and had conversations with him, he's a good guy. He's in a band playing in the Bay area.

Actually my first Doobie concert was at the Hollywood Bowl 1987 Reunion. Steve...I've got many stories "history" you would get a kick out of. Might have to take it to the PMs....lol. Ask me about Shogren, Chet.

From the beginning it was....Johnston, Simmons, Shogren, McCracken, Hartman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom