A New Member's Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LesThePrez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
LesThePrez here. 58 years old in Brooklyn NY. I'm a Type II Diabetic on meds not insulin. I feel I've learned so much about diving & non-insulin dependent diabetes that I know more than most physicians. I am not an MD. We've been getting wet since '91 & have over 200 logged dives. We've dived Bonaire, St. Lucia, BVI, Dominica, Cozumel, the Caymans, Jamaica, Turks & Caicos, Walker's Cay (via Chalk's seaplane) , New Providence & Grand Bahama Islands, Bimini, & Hawaii. We love night diving. I've done most of the Caribbean shark feeds & have worn the "suit" & have fed 'em myself. We're going to Curacao in August. I'm a careful & conservative diver, try not to push the envelope too much, & like to go slow & observe stuff. I do a little uw photography with an MX10 & Y40A flash. The wife does digital. ISA (I suck air) & have dived with steel 120s. Love 'em! The older you get the colder you get so I use either a 3m or 5m suit. I've a great sense of humor & travel with dive & fish novelties & toys, but I'm never rude, crude, or lewd. SCUBA means Some Come Up Barely Alive. Nice to meet you all!

welcome to scuba board

Welcome LesThe Prez! Congratulations on doing such a good job of managing your diabetes and remaining active. My father-in-law had it for many years and did a horrible job of managing it. It is a horrible disease if you don't keep it under control. It just wrecked his body. Kudos to you for taking a different path!

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-004.gif

My profile was done when I signed up. Also, I mention a few things about myself in my first post from, I think, yesterday. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome It is very much appreciated. After 200 dives & 15 years I guess I should get certified. (Kidding!)

:D I saw some DAN folks at the Beneath The Sea show, including Dan Orr. DAN released its book about diving with diabetes. I also chatted briefly with the person from DAN who was primarily responsible for compiling the research. I was pleased to find out that the guidelines that I've been led to believe are reasonable are, more or less, what they are recommending.

Welcome to SB Les! You seem very well informed-and a lot of fun!

Les..........nice to have you aboard. I too am type II on meds only.......51.......and am doing great. I could lose a few more lbs but its coming. I try and swim four times a week and that seems to help. Keep it up.........lets dive together until 90. Then hey I don't know..........golf??

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom