A new video showing Reverse Kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GUE is a nonprofit run by a bunch of divers... doesn't surprise me its rough around the edges...

I have seen a lot of effort put into improvement, though, so I'd at least upgrade their 'provisional' status to a 'rec pass' when it comes to their webmastering and course material...

=)

GUE is a nonprofit run by a bunch of divers... doesn't surprise me its rough around the edges...

I have seen a lot of effort put into improvement, though, so I'd at least upgrade their 'provisional' status to a 'rec pass' when it comes to their webmastering and course material...

=)

agree, the new forums is great. just needs more traffic/content. Hat's off to Andreas.

We actually are planning on a video aimed at recreational divers silting the daylights out of the bottom, and having horiffic bouyancy and trim issues throughout the dive....I actually have a friend that has offered to be the "Stunt Diver" that shows all the crashing and kangarooing into the bottom the silting, AND MUCH MORE :) We probably stencil Stunt diver on the tank. .

Great idea! A stunt diver who doesn't have our training would be more realistic.

Even when Errol's trying to be inefficient and silt - his trim/kicks/control look far better than many I've seen behind cameras :).

Great idea! A stunt diver who doesn't have our training would be more realistic.

Even when Errol's trying to be inefficient and silt - his trim/kicks/control look far better than many I've seen behind cameras :).

I don't think that would be so hot of an idea, someone might get their feelings hurt. Instead I would ask an experienced diver to ham it up under the pretense of "Stunt Diving."

Peace,
Greg

I don't think that would be so hot of an idea, someone might get their feelings hurt. Instead I would ask an experienced diver to ham it up under the pretense of "Stunt Diving."

Peace,
Greg

Did I mention using an inexperienced diver.

or not hamming it up :).

I think the idea of contrasting "typical" diving with better technique is a superb one. I have wanted to do some photo sessions or video shoots of this type for some time, but unfortunately, my local diving conditions offer great silty bottoms but few days of visibility good enough to do wide angle work. You seem to have a great combination of silty floor and clear water, and I am REALLY looking forward to the future videos.

as far as the contrasting video idea Jepuskar beat you guys to it a while ago :)

Wow. I liked it!!!. And the silting event looks like actual occurrances at BHB on a weekly basis :)
Maybe in the next 12 months we will have a dozen or so "fun to watch" videos that divers can benefit from--and we will be contributing to this growing library. As I begin listing these in the South Florida Dive Journal with links, I will definitely include Jason's.

I think if you're going to do a technique video (the 'How') it needs to be separate, and you need to cover all the different mistakes (fin tips too up, head down, knees bent, etc)

yes, and with some 'tv football announcer' lines & arrows to show the difference between him making the mistakes you commonly see people make and then clean. i know when i was in the obsessive-looking-at-video stage, i couldn't see what details made the good videos 'good'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom