Suggestion A smartphone/Tablet APP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Diver-6873

Diver-6873

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Please … consider either contracting with developers to create an app or incorporate code to use something like TapTalk which is a furum aggregator. I understand this changes the business model but the web GUI for forums is very old, can be difficult to navigate for some and may keep some from regularly participating.

Disappointed that you are on the android. Damn green text messages! Need a third party app to send messages that are end-to-end encrypted.

Psssh

💀
Whatever. I much prefer not to be trapped in the Apple ecosystem. I use WhatsApp for most of my messaging.

Don’t like the ads? Cough up for a membership or try an ad blocker.
Wow! Such a mature response. The point of my OP is that like much community/forum software, the excessive ads, being part of the page designs, bloats the intent of the community, slows down page loads, and remains very outdated.

Wow! Such a mature response. The point of my OP is that like much community/forum software, the excessive ads, being part of the page designs, bloats the intent of the community, slows down page loads, and remains very outdated.
Those are the choices within YOUR control, rather than demanding changes someone else has to do.

She is correct, however. You can make all those ads go away if you want to, all by yourself.

Don’t like the ads? Cough up for a membership or try an ad blocker.
I didn't even realize there were membership options. Can someone point me in that direction?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom