A thousand good reasons to go diving in Thailand!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to show a smiley waving a white flag but am at a loss and unable to find any smilies at all.
Where the heck have they hidden them?

They're right there =======================================================>
To the right of the pane you type your "reply with quote" in. To get the white boxers/flag one, click [More] at the bottom of the mini-selection.
This should open a whole new window with just emoticons! Anyway, here ya go, with my compliments!

:surrender:

(What browser are you running? I've been having trouble with responsiveness in relation to some of the Java stuff on the Board with this new FF 5.0; Safari is working better for me.)

In RE Seaweed...
Yes.
Lots of it!
You can even smoke plants; Dutch people have invented that!

And here's your celebratory flag to commemorate that achievement! :dutchflag:

(Another thought about the emoticons... if they aren't there when you click "reply with quote" then try clicking "go advanced". Or switch browsers.)

They're right there =======================================================>
To the right of the pane you type your "reply with quote" in. To get the white boxers/flag one, click [More] at the bottom of the mini-selection.
This should open a whole new window with just emoticons! Anyway, here ya go, with my compliments!

:surrender:

(What browser are you running? I've been having trouble with responsiveness in relation to some of the Java stuff on the Board with this new FF 5.0; Safari is working better for me.)

Thanks for that! :)

Still, things are not working all that smooth on my laptop. I have to click the "reply to this message with quote" link TWICE to get on the right page with emoticons etc. Also, when typing this message and at the same time trying to insert a smiley all of my previous writing disappears. Weird huh!
I'm using Google Chrome. And I like to stay with it. It's the only browser I really like.

Thanks for that! :)

Still, things are not working all that smooth on my laptop. I have to click the "reply to this message with quote" link TWICE to get on the right page with emoticons etc. Also, when typing this message and at the same time trying to insert a smiley all of my previous writing disappears. Weird huh!
I'm using Google Chrome. And I like to stay with it. It's the only browser I really like.

I see you managed to find the "winky" so you've got a temporary solution, at least. I think we should either move these posts to Site Support as a new thread or you should begin a new thread over there with your questions. I'm not such a techie that I can offer any more help than what has worked for me, and there are others who monitor that forum that are more able to offer good solutions. What do you think?

I see you managed to find the "winky" so you've got a temporary solution, at least. I think we should either move these posts to Site Support as a new thread or you should begin a new thread over there with your questions. I'm not such a techie that I can offer any more help than what has worked for me, and there are others who monitor that forum that are more able to offer good solutions. What do you think?

I guess you're right; this is not the right place to post concerns and/or questions about the new SB site. I will wait a bit and see if things improve over the next few months. On the SB home-page it states that "Phase 1" is completed so I assume someone is working on a "Phase 2" with possible improvements.:cheerleader:
I'll click and play around a bit for now to get a better feel for the site and who knows; maybe I'll be able to work out some of the things that I have problems with myself.

Cheers and beers,

:pirate3:

(As you can see I've already found a way to insert smileys!)

Hey Bowmouth / Quero -- you've come off track --:popcorn:

#306 Shark Fin soup is a No no but you were doing well to convince me I should come and try the Thai waters - but I'm waiting for at least 500 good reasons ... Now where were we # 308 awaited ?

:D

To appease Wontonmien...

#307 Mudskippers.
These little gobies are entirely amphibious, and you can spot them in the mangrove areas. They're really quite cute!

http://www.pbs.org/edens/thailand/bounty.htm:
Mudskipper (Buliothalmis sp.)
Thailand's exotic inhabitants include the mudskipper, a fish capable of walking on land. With the outgoing tide, mudskippers travel out onto exposed mudflats, eager to stake out their own patch of territory. Good mud is a bounty for a mudskipper. From the mud, the mudskipper filters algae and other nutrients. Areas that are rich in food are highly prized, and protecting them can lead to conflicts. When mudskippers face off against one another, they raise their dorsal fins and swell up their bodies. Battles are short, with the loser departing, defeated until the next tide.

Hey Bowmouth / Quero -- you've come off track --:popcorn:

#306 Shark Fin soup is a No no but you were doing well to convince me I should come and try the Thai waters - but I'm waiting for at least 500 good reasons ... Now where were we # 308 awaited ?

:D

Sorry... it's sometimes easy to get off track.
I haven't been able to add new reasons because was at sea and mostly offline.

Here's reason #308: The latest artificial reef in Thailand; Thai Navy vessel HTMS Sattakut (about 49 meters long and 7 meters wide) and which was sunk on 18th June 2011. The new dive site is at Koh Tao, Gulf of Thailand and SSE of Hin Pee Wee at a depth of 27-29 meters.

#309 Seems like there are highly knowledgable DM's over there :D willing to share knowledge of the best dive spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom