A Trump Election and Peso Exchange Rates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chief, you might be too late already. Peso went on a quick roller coaster, from a previous close of 18.32 to the dollar, to 20.78 to the dollar at about 1:00 a.m. just after the election was called for Trump, back down to 19.78 by mid-morning today. I suspect that this is going to play out a lot like British markets after the surprise Brexit Vote - initial gross overreaction, then back to normal within a week. Not a prediction, just a guess.

Yea, probably right. I found my 457 had 'accidentally' added a fixed cash holding this week. I was hoping I could move it into something quick and see the big win, but it looks like Wall Street beat me to it. :rant:

I see no change from the past couple of weeks - I got $18.28 through my bank which is typically at the high end of the scale.

Things will level out after the hysteria wears off - and regardless - I am not optimistic that our operating costs will go down - if anything, the pesos prices will rise on many things. Most of our expenses are still tied to the US dollar.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

See here's the thing.

We don't allow political discussions or rhetoric outside the Pub which is what it's there for.

So anything not related to the effect of the election on Cozumel prices has been deleted.
Thanks, Steve!

Almost @ 21:1

Can I say that?
Google is showing 20.81 to 1, and WSJ is showing 20.9164. Customer don't get those rates, only banks and big traders. Wells Fargo is showing 18.520 for customers, but you can probably do better than that. I'm sure many taxis are still at 10:1.

Western union is also showing 19.96. I've started western unioning money to myself now only $4.99 compared to the $15 I was paying in atm fees after all said and done. Looks like get a better rate also.

taxis will always do ten to 1 if you let them, I would to if your going to pay it.

Looks like my last little currency play loading up on Pesos the last day of our trip last year (when the Peso seemed so cheap), has yet again, been a bad move. Oh well. We'll spend them just the same.

Back
Top Bottom