A Warning for Anyone Contemplating A Chinese Supplied Scuba Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have been contacted by AliBaba regarding the claim I have put in as well as the apparent copy of the Coltri. SO I will inform you all of my results.

Peter69_56,

I hate to see hard working people ripped off by others greed...I feel fro you brother. I hope you can reclaim some of your money. At the very least you brought light to this problem to me.

Good luck,

~Oldbear~

Peter69_56,

I hate to see hard working people ripped off by others greed...I feel fro you brother. I hope you can reclaim some of your money. At the very least you brought light to this problem to me.

Good luck,

~Oldbear~

That was the minimum I was hoping to achieve, make as many in the industry in the world aware. If they sell no more I would be very happy, if I get anything back that's a bonus.

That was the minimum I was hoping to achieve, make as many in the industry in the world aware. If they sell no more I would be very happy, if I get anything back that's a bonus.

Great attitude brother...

May Poseidon bless your dives with as many charismatic mega fauna as your GoPro can shoot.

Case update; Alibaba has heard my complaint and has considered it substantiated from all the provided documentation. The will now give the supplier 3 days to respond. Then make a judgement.

If I can get 2 proper HP air hoses (rather than hydraulic hose) and a second DIN fitting (as per the original order), and the filter replaced I will consider justice done and can move on.

Ok update. After many emails and counter claims I have received $505 AUD back from the supplier in compensation. Alibaba appeared to be impartial and agreed I had a valid complaint. The supplier first said they would send parts free but I had to pay shipping. The last time they did this they wanted to charge me $100USD to ship a filter, yet the compressor only cost $150 to ship. I suspicious person might think they were trying to recover some money via excessive shipping costs. Then their CEO accepted my offer of $505 to put it to bed, then I got an email from their factory stating that I had to pay shipping and they were going to send the goods. Left hand not talking to right hand me thinks. Then an email to the CEO sorted that.

They deny that there is anything wrong with their product, ignore that I was sent hydraulic hose on 2 occasions instead of the correct breathing hose, ignore that I have to now clean 8 contaminated tanks (from their faulty filter) at my expense, forget that they said it would have synthetic oil and then send it with mineral oil, ignore that although I paid for 2 DIN fittings sent one.

So now I am off to buy a reputable compressor, all be it at twice the price but 4 times the satisfaction.

One thing to note ... just about ANY fill hose from China is actually hydraulic hose. I bought a few from Trident and also from WMD and they are all marked as hydraulic hose.

One thing to note ... just about ANY fill hose from China is actually hydraulic hose. I bought a few from Trident and also from WMD and they are all marked as hydraulic hose.

The sample hose and fitting they sent me looked like the correct hose, and I agreed that it looked ok and they could ship that, however then they sent a heavy hydraulic hose and could not understand why I was upset.

The K valve pic was the first hose they sent which is "apparently" a DIN in chinese.......???????

The DIN valve picture was what I sent back as an example of what they should have sent.

The two DIN pics with hose was what they offered but did not send (perhaps they knew it was not 300 BAR)?

I kept saying DIN fitting, 300 BAR working pressure breathing hose "NOT HYDRAULIC HOSE". But somehow it all got lost in the translation. ?????????? The hydraulic hose was also so heavy it was like dragging a fire hose up to the cylinder...............

. 1.jpg2.jpgDIN 3.jpgK Valve.jpg

Well after a 10 day Dive Technician course at Easytech Thailand, I now wish I had completed the course BEFORE I made my initial compressor purchase.

How many things were wrong; no priority valve thus filter trashed in the first 5 minutes of running THIS WAS NEVER A BREATHING COMPRESSOR to breathing air standards for most countries. Heavy hydraulic hoses rather than breathing air hoses. Final filter badly designed so the O ring is trashed when assembling, and the filter tube was so small it held only half the essential material required for proper filtering. I suspect I was a statistic waiting to happen (in particular with this filter system).

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

On the plus side, I did get some money back from the supplier after much complaining through Alibaba, but no admission of anything wrong with the compressor or design. Up to the end they offered no warranty and only offered to sell me another poorly designed filter at my cost with inflated postage. The CEO stepped in and offered a settlement which I took.

I now have a Bauer and much much happier, all be it at an expensive lesson.

Back
Top Bottom