A warning to all who ride cabs in Manila (blog article)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I meant is you choose to be here. You can leave any time.
Judgeing by the number of people outside the USA embassy every working day, plenty of Pinoys have been just doing that for nth yrs.

Back to the topic. From what I've read on this thread about the blogger, she may look average but I think that engaging taxi drivers in conversations opens you up to being judged on how naive and stupid you are. Hence the fact that she's constantly being victimised. I take taxis at all hours of the night going to the airport and I always sit in front, beside the driver. I make sure all the doors are locked and am aware of what the drivers area doing all the time. I've also taken taxis when a provincial bus stopped on EDSA to get home to QC, and never had a problem with a-hole drivers. Maybe I'm just lucky, or the tattoos scare them straight or the fact that I don't say much or because I look like I'm ready to kill people but it's a good heads up to naive girls anyway.

Oh, and to skip the long lines at the yellow taxi queues at the airport, I go up to the departure area and get taxis there hehe. It's quicker and you don't have to pay the airport fee on top of the flag down rate.

I think that whether the story is true or not, the lesson is to be cautious and to try to think smart under adverse circumstances.

Kinda reminds me of some dive stories I've heard :)

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

I do find the taxi drivers in Manila trying more scams than in Cebu, but I did notice also most of the Taxi drivers in Manila are from somewhere from the Visayas. So go figure. LOL

Mismo !!!

not to mention the origins of bus drivers, jeepney drivers and ofcourse never never forget the tricycle drivers.

also observe that the "locals" staff in anilao or dive resorts come from .....

then there are 30% of these drivers that come from luzon and 30% that come from mindanao.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom