A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As much as I'd like to get the xDeep, I think I'll end up with the Aeris A300CS OLED. I have the ScubaPro Meridian but like the xDeep, most of the software I've found for mac or online doesn't support them. But they all seem to support Aeris dive computers. I hope to get into tech diving in the next couple years so I guess that means I'll just be using the gauge mode. I just have a hard time forking out a grand for this baby.

While I was at the dive shop, they told me the release was going on June 15, 2014 thinking that their might be a second release to fix the first release. When I got home I discovered it was just a announcement on the AERIS website for the first release. So I don't think there will be a second release. The dive shop manager gave a number to an individual, that he thinks can help me out. The product is so new that no-one has any ideas how to work-around on address these issues.

So, I am sure that anyone with a Mac has figured out that you can't upgrade the firmware for the AERIS A300 CS dive computer, and if you can't upgrade the firmware the Bluetooth is not going to work, even if you update the driver in your Mac computer. This is your catch 22, you can't perform one task without the other task being complete. You you need the first task to be right, before it will all work... Why the computer won't register with the Dirverlog software is beyond me.

Maybe the dive shop manager is right, we upgrade the firmware via PC and the go from there. However, that is not the correct answer. I didn't buy this dive computer, so I could purchase an new PC. If the manufacture claims this will work with a MAC and iOS device, then it should out of the box. You don't buy a product to find out that the key features will work sometime in the near future. Everything should work as claimed and promised from day one...

I went to my LDS and they updated my firmware via PC. I still cannot connect to Diverlog via Bluetooth (do I need an additional dongle for this? my mac is natively bluetooth capable, duh) nor via USB. I'd like to transfer my logged dives prior to leaving the country just in case.

Anyone with Luck on your Mac?

I downloaded the Update.... confirmed in the "Release Notes"...

But no A300CS in the Drop Down. I'm leaving for Cozumel soon and would really like to get this thing up and running...

Thanks - Z

I just picked up mine. I'm having the same issues with my Mac not picking up the Bluetooth. Hope there's an update soon

Has anyone that has a PC been able to get the bluetooth to work or is it just us Mac users?

The A300 CS is engineered to take full advantage of Bluetooth technologies, interacting with your dive computer before and after the dive couldn't be any easier.

The DiverLog for iOS App* makes it even easier to setup your dive computer and lets you do more after the dive than ever before:

• Get full remote control of all Dive Computer Settings.
  • View Log and Profile data, add location, notes and other details.
  • Share your favorites via email, Facebook(R) and more.
  • Wirelessly update your A300 CS firmware on the go for the latest features and best performance.

* AERIS Computer Interface (ACI) for PC is available now .

* DiverLog for Mac A300 CS compatibility is scheduled for release June 15, 2014.

* DiverLog for iOS compatible with the A300 CS is scheduled for August, 2014.

* DiverLog for Android is currently scheduled for December, 2014 availability.

Hi,

New here and have been following this thread since I got the A300 CS last week.

I am using a PC and have not been able to connect with bluetooth. I have downloaded the latest ACI software and have performed the firmware via USB.

I am using a PC with a bluetooth dongle, and have followed the instructions (i.e. unplugged the dongle before installing the software). Test always fails. I know the dongle works since it connects to every other bluetooth device I own.

Also, my unit did not come with a screen cover, and Aeris sent me one after I called them.
It looks like a cellphone screen protector. Does this stay on in the water?

Micky

One other thing that I have noticed. A few weeks after I bought my AERIS A300 CS I went to use it for the first time on a dive and the battery was dead... At first I though it was just a bad battery that was sent with the computer. Now, I think differently. I think I have discovered why the battery in the computer went dead.

I have had my dive computer out and on the table right next to my computer. Of course if you have been reading these posts you will understand why... Every so often the AERIS A300 CS will wake itself up and go through the AERIS splash screen display, then the computer cycles to the home screen, like it is starting up for the first time. Now, the dive computer is doing this on it's own. I am sure this little wake-up, refresh the screen and then shut off is causing the battery to prematurely become depleted.

I am not sure if I should pull my battery so i don't deplete it. However, if I pull the battery, It will clear the memory and I lose all my dive information. I should really back up my dive information... Oh! that's right I can't do that, my firmware can't be updated, because I can't sync my dive computer with my Mac...

We're on it... I've summarized the various reports for engineering review. I'll be meeting with them shortly and hope to have some answers for you very soon.

Please note - the A300 CS is compatible only with bluetooth 4.0 LE. My understanding is that most laptops/desktops - whether PC or Mac will require a compatible dongle.

We're on it... I've summarized the various reports for engineering review. I'll be meeting with them shortly and hope to have some answers for you very soon.

Please note - the A300 CS is compatible only with bluetooth 4.0 LE. My understanding is that most laptops/desktops - whether PC or Mac will require a compatible dongle.

Doug,

Maybe that is the issue with the USB too. Maybe you can only use USB 3.0 and it's not downward compatible. Is this listed in the specs somewhere. I couldn't find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom