About the Datamask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug that is very nice of you! The mask is from Panaqua in NYC and was sent on 6/3.(It was delayed I have no idea why) I did get a message today from Ron that you guys are waiting for the optical covers and that that is what is going to be replaced. I hope that this solves the issue and I can once again use the product as it was designed and not have to abort dives. I do have to say it is a people stopper - everyone on the dive boat wants one after they see it BUT then they have seen a few of these issues. Lets hope this works!

For the record, I've got 35 dives on my Datamask and I love it. I had a problem with the mask leaking when I first bought it. However, I sent it to Oceanic and they promptly repaired it and I had it back in a few days. When other divers with wireless computers have had trouble with losing synch between their transmitter and computer, my Datamask has worked flawlessly. In fact, some of the divers with other brands of wireless computers have resorted to carrying analog gauges and/or backup computers.

Doug, you can send my endorsement fee to ...

:D

In its defense I will say I do miss the mask - having that info in your face clearly and effortlessly is a luxury. I do focus on the dive and not on trying to grab a floating gauge or look at a wrist for my info. I am hopeful and ok, I will be optimistic that this will be repaired and returned soon. Hey, if this clears up the problem ...maybe I will just buy the next one coming out!

Got the cases, I meant to post earlier but was out for work. Many thanks Doug.

I'd like to say that I'll take better care of them, but I won't treat them any better than I treat the mask itself or any other piece of gear. Meanwhile I'll start checking on what zipper can I use as replacement for the day this ones corrode. I'll post it here if I find a good one.
I still think the case has the perfect size, shape and texture ..... and the draining holes keep the mask from getting funky smells.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom