About to buy BP+Wings - opinions sought.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelseysmith:
I'll place the order within a week.

My current BC is a Zeagle Escape with integrated weight pockets. I am getting tired of them. Mine are the velcro pockets, and I have almost lost one accidentally :11:

I will go with a soft weight belt with individual ditchable pockets I think.

The DSS wing is starting to sound like the way to go since it attaches to the plate for travel and during setup. However from the pictures the oxycheq wing looks rugged as hell.

Decisions Decisions.......

K

Well, if it helps, I have a Signature 45# and it is indeed rugged as hell. It'll probably outlive me.

I was looking closely at the wedge block photo and I think I see what appears to be one of the buttons that holds the wing.

See the red circle on the attached photo.

Am I correct?

If this is the case, I feel confident that I will be happy with the way the wing mounts. As you know, I was a bit concerned that the wing would not "stay put" with just the cam bands when the tank is not mounted.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks a millon,

Kelsey

kelseysmith:
I was looking closely at the wedge block photo and I think I see what appears to be one of the buttons that holds the wing.

See the red circle on the attached photo.

Am I correct?

If this is the case, I feel confident that I will be happy with the way the wing mounts. As you know, I was a bit concerned that the wing would not "stay put" with just the cam bands when the tank is not mounted.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks a millon,

Kelsey
Yes ... that is correct ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

But I have one more question....

My wife likes the Pro-Fit harness better, but she asked me to find out how the harness can go from crossed to uncrossed when the straps appear to be sewn?

My intuition tells me that the inner surfaces of the shoulder straps are coated with velcro and that you can simply unthread the harness from the polypoint rings and then re-thread them in the alternate configuration.

See the below picture (visio rules)

Does that picture describe the way the pro fit harness shoulders are set up?

EDIT: Heh, I actually read the text on the website and it says
Hook and loop restrained upper shoulder straps allow instant adjustment of the upper d rings and allow the shoulder straps to be configured in a conventional manner or crossed behind the neck in a matter of minutes.
I didn't equate Hook and Loop to velcro! :confused4

Thanks again!

Kelsey

kelseysmith:
Can anyone confirm?
Yes, but there is also a strap on the wing that fits over the "bump" on the plate (its what the little "single tank stabilizer" piece is attached to). The cambands go through the plate and then around that strap, that's what will really hold the wing to your plate together as you are setting up or packing up. The "buttons" are there to hold the wing in place while you strap the tankbands onto your tank. Then once the tank is strapped on, that holds everything together like you'd expect. And it all disassembles very quickly for rinsing, etc.

I've really got to sit down and take some pics, its quite the well thought-out unit and I'm not doing it justice with my wee-hours-of-the-morning descriptions...

Yay, Placed order with DSS this afternoon!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone that posted in response to my questions, and everyone that has responded to all the innumerable BP/Wing posts on the board.

After a few weeks of research I have finally placed my orders for plates for both myself and my wife.

I'll post my experiences as I get them set up and trimmed.

Thank you all!

Kelsey :diver:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom