ABQDiver does the Loggerhead...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
One of my newest friends (ABQDiver) and I dove off of the Loggerhead out of Boynton Beach yesterday. I had a full class of students so he got to dive with the tag along parents. I had a blast trying to keep 6 kids + one adult student together in the choppy water and then getting them to descend as a group, but they did far better on the second dive. The reef was awesome and we even got to see Lob-zilla (only because lobster season was over). On the second dive we swam off of the reef and managed to find sand... lots and lots of sand with patch reef here and there. We saw one patch that had a small green moray and three lobsters on it. They were all carrying signs that said "nanny-nanny boo-boo, you can't touch me!" I also collected a huge Sea Biscuit that measures 6 1/8" end to end. It is perfect on the top, with a small hole in the bottom and is currently sitting in a bleaching mixture.

From what I gather, the other group got to see a nurse shark and a black tip reef shark. They were clearly impressed with the reef.

For those of you who might ever consider diving with Kevin (ABQDiver) let me warn you. He is arguably one of the most helpful people around. Here I have this three ring circus going... openwater students getting ready for their first salt dives, parents learning NitrOx, a late boat, rain and trying to collect everyone's money for this and that. He helped sort through my tanks and gear for the students, carried my gear on the boat while I was covering NitrOx with the others and just never ceased being obnoxiously helpful. You know the type! Then after the dive, he and I were treated to a WONDERFUL dinner at the Two Georges. We were relaxed and ready for that 2.5 hour trip back home, and I go and back into a curb that they installed while I wasn't looking. Pop goes the left rear tire! This guy should be one them thar NASCAR pit crew workers. I think we had that tire off and the spare on in 3.41233 seconds give or take ten minutes! And that was in the rain too! I never had to ask for anything... he just pitched in and made life so much easier for me at every turn. What a self-less guy!!! Also it should be noted that he is a chronic non-complainer. I never heard a bit of disgruntlement or criticism (even after -I- popped the tire). I wish all of my safety divers/dive masters were as diligent and competent! All I can say is...
Tanks a-lot Kevin!!!
You are welcome on ANY dive that I do, anytime!

That sounds like an interesting trip.

They are 'installing' things all over that parking lot. Last time I was there they 'installed' a Ford Explorer directly behind my car.

Sheesh!

Peter

What! Two Georges and I wasn't invited! HMMMPH! Actually, I was probably in-route to drop off my used tanks from Monday's dives.....sigh. This dang work thing gets in the way of everything!

ABQ, glad you got the chance to do West Palm/Lantana, and Two George's is the best waterfront option around! (Didn't you just KNOW you were in So.FL?) Hope you had a Corona for me!

Sounds like you had a challenging day, but just made the best of it...my kind of men! :wink:

Great dive (even in the rain), wonderful company. Hey, a guy couldn't ask for more.

I have had a wonderful trip this time, much due to the friendship offered by others. (done in my best Budwiser voice) "Hey, I love you Man"

I just wished that I could stay longer, or dive more. Maybe next trip.

Kbeck - ABQ, glad you got the chance to do West Palm/Lantana, and Two George's is the best waterfront option around! (Didn't you just KNOW you were in So.FL?) Hope you had a Corona for me!
Thanks, I left out the Corona (sorry I'm a beer snob) Even with the rain, it was a very fun time.

Thanks all, got to go have fun with the family now....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom