Abundant gratitude

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deciding on gear without having a chance to dive it is a major leap of faith.

Depends where you live. I didn't get a chance to dive anything I bought prior the purchase, and some things I got without even seeing it live, only online (BP/W for instance)... :)

Am I a believer? Not sure, I'm pretty much agnostic. :D

I didn't get a chance to dive anything I bought prior the purchase

I did the same thing with the Evo 2 evil, I've seen it but never tried on, let alone dived it.

Now, $2,400 (aud) later, I have one of those suits hanging downstairs.

A large part of your decision was due to your posts and pics.

So if the damn thing leaks, if I get ripped out of the water feet first, if I get cold (even so much as a shiver) - It's your fault!!

:rofl3:

A large part of your decision was due to your posts and pics.

So if the damn thing leaks, if I get ripped out of the water feet first, if I get cold (even so much as a shiver) - It's your fault!!

Well, if it leaks, I'm in the same pond then, literally. :)

BTW, if you get cold, let some water in, that will at least make you forget about being cold... :D

Glad I could help, hope you like it as well as I do.

Currently, I have 3 people in my circle of friends I dived with who also got it because of me, so I guess I can foresee an angry mob in front of my door if there are problems. I was the first to give in and order one.

And I got nothing from Pinnacle for it, only a free shirt, XXL, can wear it as a dress if I ever go queer...and an ugly dress while we're at it.:lotsalove:

Splitlip, I didn't really pick the OMS plate over other BPs. I picked the Freedom Plate. But it isn't available so I just copied my hero's rig. As to why dkatchalov prefers this plate, you'll have to ask him.

Please post your progress, pictures, and any conclusions you come to from your choice.
Deciding on gear without having a chance to dive it is a major leap of faith.
I am not sure about pics, but I'll post more info and more questions once I get the gear and later after I dive. And yes I have faith that it will be a good set up. Or do you think my hero dkatchalov would have recommended it to me otherwise?

Splitlip, I didn't really pick the OMS plate over other BPs. I picked the Freedom Plate. But it isn't available so I just copied my hero's rig. As to why dkatchalov prefers this plate, you'll have to ask him.

I am not sure about pics, but I'll post more info and more questions once I get the gear and later after I dive. And yes I have faith that it will be a good set up. Or do you think my hero dkatchalov would have recommended it to me otherwise?

I picked the OMS because: a) wanted an ALU plate for travel; b) Leisurepro, where I got the rig from, didn't have any DR ALU plates, but offered the OMS ALU plate at a discount ($58 vs $73); c) I figured a plate is a plate.

Hope you like yours shekes :)

I ordered:

Signature Mach V 30lb
OMS Backplate
Dive Rite Deluxe Harness
two Stainless Steel Cam Latch Tank Straps
Dive Rite Crotch Strap W/Scooter Ring

I also got a regulator:

Sherwood Maximus
Sherwood Gemini inflator/octo
and a metric console

plus I got a Bare Mens Progressive Stretch Suit and a dozen accessory items

and for my buddy we ordered:

Mares MR 12 Abyss
Sherwood Gemini
a metric console and
Zeagle Scout BCD

First set of scuba toys for both of us. We can't wait!

BTW, here is my first set-up question.
I can't believe you bought this crap. Take my name off the list--I didn't sign off on this:wink:

(Looks like good stuff-enjoy:D)

I can't believe you bought this crap. Take my name off the list--I didn't sign off on this:wink:

(Looks like good stuff-enjoy:D)

shekes, if something happens to you diving this rig, make sure you say in your will that none of the ppl on that list are responsible. it can be used as evidence you know.

be prepared for a bit (more) "why did you pick this and why did you pick that and I would've pick this and that" shekes :)

Certainly not my intent to 2nd guess his choices. I know from a discussion in another forum he was interested in a Freedom plate, was considering a DSS Kydex plate as well as a Zeagle and had a Diverite plate suggested (by moi).

I was merely interested in his decision making process as I did not recall the OMS being on the table. That is all.

Perhaps we should councel him to take with a grain of salt, some of the responses he received in his SPG routing thread. He asked for advise in routing the SPG and with no explantion offered he was told to trash his regulator, trash his under arm hose and get a "long" hose, trash his octo/inflator and trash the DR deluxe harness and replace it with a one piece.

The only pieces of equipment not trashed were the wing and the plate. But let me get back to that thread, who knows...

Just re-read my post. Not my intent to flame you D.

Certainly not my intent to 2nd guess his choices. I know from a discussion in another forum he was interested in a Freedom plate, was considering a DSS Kydex plate as well as a Zeagle and had a Diverite plate suggested (by moi).

I was merely interested in his decision making process as I did not recall the OMS being on the table. That is all.

Perhaps we should councel him to take with a grain of salt, some of the responses he received in his SPG routing thread. He asked for advise in routing the SPG and with no explantion offered he was told to trash his regulator, trash his under arm hose and get a "long" hose, trash his octo/inflator and trash the DR deluxe harness and replace it with a one piece.

The only pieces of equipment not trashed were the wing and the plate. But let me get back to that thread, who knows...

Just re-read my post. Not my intent to flame you D.

No probs, didnt think you were trying to flame me.

Any equipment suggestion should be taken with a grain of salt. The suggestion in the SPG routing thread to dump all gear was ridiculous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom