ABWA - March 1st.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10-4 I will be there about 10 or 1030 got one buddy coming for sure. We'll be in a white f-150 four door. hope to see all ya'll there.

I have a John/Jacket 2 piece 6.5mil suit and a shorty I think its a 2mil or so. My question is would it benefit me any to wear the shorty under the other suit?

Yes. Last year I wore my 3mm shorty under my 3mm long suit. My core stayed pretty warm. (32F air/45F water)

Hey Guy & Ladies,

I haven't been diving local for a while at ABWA and I've kind of been absent from the board as well.

I'm about to purchase new gear and I want to go more locally, but I was just curious....

Are you guys serious about diving at ABWA this weekend? Is everyone dry suit divers?

I freeze my a&& off in August with two wetsuits.

I think I'll have to blow this weekend but I'd like to hook up with you guys later when it's a bit warmer.

Thanks, Beck

Are you guys serious about diving at ABWA this weekend? Is everyone dry suit divers?
Yes, and no, respectively. :biggrin:

At least drop by and say hi, and bring your gear... That way when you see how much fun everyone is having, you can join in. :D

Anyway, air temperature high is 64°F. Anybody know the water temps? (I know at the deep, it bottoms out at 51°F year-round, but is there a thermocline yet, and what's the midwater temp looking like?)

Well, the last of the buddies scheduled to dive this weekend just sent a message, and that message is...

...landlocked! (When you're all stuffed up, you just can't dive.) They really wanted to dive, too. Their new drysuit and everything arrived (including a DSS BP/W, IIRC), but you can't argue with Boyle. Hopefully they'll be better in a couple weeks and get to hit Martha's or something.

As for this weekend, however, this means I get to get an earlier start on the drive, so I should be ready and waiting for opening. (Hey, I should pull my nitrox cylinders out for this, too... :biggrin:) Anyway, hope to see everyone there. (It's been too long!)

Welp the tides have turned again and it looks as though there will be three of us there and then another one meeting us there. We should be there at open in a black dodge ram, and we'll all be diving wet. Looking forward to putting faces and people with avatars. See ya'll tomorrow!!!!:D

I may come by and pick up a dog day ticket...

Bnow0707, I've got my profile page printed and the copy of the email. I'm ready, but I didn't have time to run my reg set to scuba ventures to get it serviced. So, I guess I'll be using yours then, thanks. If you don't hear from me tonight I'll see ya about 7:30 and we can do a quick check of our gear to make sure we have everything and maybe have time to grab some breakfast. TTYL

Okay, I've got my drysuit and all that goes with it, my BP/W, fins, boots, four regs, more air and nitrox than I could use in a day, um... and the rest (as they'd have originally sung on Gilligan's Island) all loaded up. I just have to stop for petrol (hey, "gas" is too ambiguous for dive trips) and be on my way.

See you there in the morning, and if I get there early and fall asleep, someone wake me up when they open. I'll be the only "CLAYJAR" plate from Louisiana. :biggrin:

Well unfortunately I will not be able to make it tomorrow. I have drill this weekend. BUT I will be able to make it to the DUI DOG DAYS in APRIL. So I wll definately see you all there. :)

IT'S TIME!!! IT'S TIME!!!! :jump3::jump3::jump3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom