Accessories....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrishet

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to UW photography...ordering my first rig this week (Canon S90, IKE, Fix WA, S2000)...I am traveling in April to Belize for a quick trip...what other accessories would you all recommend for me to get now? i.e. focus light, buoyancy control, lanyards?...again I am NEW to UW photography so be kind...lol...

Regards,
Chris

Universal Digital Flash

Finally a universal flash for all digital cameras. Scuba divers know that a strobe is the most important accessory for sharp, colorful pictures. Water absorbs the red and yellow light spectrum resulting in blue pictures. The powerful SeaLife® Digital Pro Flash causes the intense colors of coral and fish to "explode" . Even two flashes can be easily mounted to all cameras. The powerful SeaLife® Digital Pro Flash works with all SeaLife cameras and other brands of cameras that have up to 4 pre-flashes.

Features:

New Auto Mode setting adjusts flash brightness for optimal image exposure

Depth rated to 200 ft/ 60 m.

Variable power adjustment allows user to manually fine tune flash brightness for desired effect and image exposure.

5 pre-flash cancellation settings

Effective underwater distance range from 2 to 8 ft. (0.6 to 2.5 m).

Approximately 100 flashes with 4 AA batteries (not included)..

Flexible, rubberized arm for easy aiming and sure grip.

Includes flash link optical cable connection (SL962).

Deluxe carry case included

Thx Syndony for the reply, perhaps I wasn't clear enough but I do have an Inon S2000 strobe included in my setup. I also opted for a Fix focus light, the LED500. I also ordered a spare o-ring, some desicant packs, a spare battery, and a good book. I'm really looking for suggestions as to add-ons, such as lanyards, cleaning supplies, bouyancy devices (if needed), gray cards...stuff like that...I doubt I will find time to be shopping around for stuff on my trip so I want to be sure I have everything before I leave. Thx!

Hi Chrishet, make sure you get a fibre optic cable to link your camera and strobe. I consider the "wireless" mode pretty much useless since it only works about 1 out of 5 times.

anferney:
Hi Chrishet, make sure you get a fibre optic cable to link your camera and strobe. I consider the "wireless" mode pretty much useless since it only works about 1 out of 5 times.
Check......thx

Lots of memory! (1 gig + memory card) I also like to take a laptop to download and work on photos after diving.

Most importantly as I read here once - shoot till your finger bleeds!

Good luck and have fun!

Lots of memory! (1 gig + memory card) I also like to take a laptop to download and work on photos after diving.

Most importantly as I read here once - shoot till your finger bleeds!

Good luck and have fun!

I like that...looking forward to lots of bleeding! got 4GB and 8GB cards today! Thx!!!

Practice. Practice diving (see you have less than 24 dives) and practice with the camera. No piece of equipment or accessory can benefit you more than experience. I'd be in the pool (or local water) every chance I got.

Great advice Becca...I joined my local dive shop today and can now use their pool whenever I need it...and I plan on spending time with my new camera in pool to learn its controls and capabilities before my dive trip. I am a very experienced photographer but I do accept that no amount of topside experience can prepare me for this extreme....my passion is extreme photography so I do get it...my website below...however I can only prepare, practice, and hope for the best, that I might get one shot that can come close to the shots that I see on this forum...Thx for the advice...it means a lot.

Regards,
Chris
Imaging the Cosmos

From what I have read... if you haven't yet... GET ANOTHER BATTERY!!! Not a Canon one though. Make sure its greater than 1000 maH and you might want to swap batteries between dives. Get enough for the amount that you will be out unable to charge a battery to full extent. So if you plant to do 3-4 dives in one day make sure you have that many batteries as I'm sure you wont be able to charge the first 2 batteries in time for the next set of dives.

I'm guessing you have the tray for the camera if you got the strobe but if you haven't do get one. Strobe will be useless without that and arms.

And maybe a 2nd mesh bag to carry away from the rest of your dive equipment?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom