Accident 2/10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jplant

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Apologies if this is the wrong forum...
heard this morning there was a fatal dive accident on Anita's Reef yesterday. Hoping not. Anyone know details?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum...
heard this morning there was a fatal dive accident on Anita's Reef yesterday. Hoping not. Anyone know details?

Never heard of Anita's Reef in Cozumel. Is it also known as something else?

I know there is an Anita's Reef in Similan Islands in Thailand.

Right Anita's is KoSimilan. Thought that's what I heard, but doesn't make sense...

I sure hope whoever you were playing "telephone" with didn't mean Anita divers. That's who I, and all of my co-workers (PSDs) dive with in Cozumel. They aren't well-known because they don't really advertise, but they're top-notch and really safety-conscious. I've personally never seen more than 4 divers with one DM, and that's with divers that have dove Coz before.

That's who I thought of as well. I've dove with Rodolfo's crew a few times over the past few years, and they have been on my "A++, would dive with again!!" list ever since. Here's to hoping this was just a rumor.

We were there on the 10th, did not hear about any accident. We are long time Anita Divers as well. I don't think it went out on the 10th. Roldolfo sold the Anita to someone named Max. We dove one day with them and then switched boats. A lot of the same faces on Anita but it was packed. 22 divers, 6 DM's. It worked out OK because they were the usual really great DM's. I heard from another source the accident was in a Coz cave. Really hope its just a rumor and would never want the great people associated with the Anita to be involved.

---------- Post added February 13th, 2013 at 08:12 AM ----------

It seems like it was a Canadian diver in the calimba cenote, not an open water dive. Reported as the 11 th so we were off island by then. All second and third hand reports, nothing official.

I heard DP boat, but since no chatter here , thankfully probably one of those stories that gets legs...

Back
Top Bottom