Accolades for Adventure Divers, Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many people, diving is a recreational sport for me, and I spend a lot of money on diving, so I have high expectations.

Robert of Adventure will easily schedule 3 dives a day to insure his customers get the dives they want, include wreck and coral dives. He blends EANx and fills air on board so divers are not tank limited.

My gear has never been damaged on his boat, or getting on and off, and in fact he once helped me with a problem with my MK25 regs before a dive. He never rushes divers and he loves to dive the best sites like his customers.

I have never heard anyone complain about a day of diving with Adventure Divers. Robert truly runs a customer oriented dive business. He is also a very good instructor. My Wreck spec and Rescue classes with Robert were so good I will never forget them ... the way a spec should be.

SI on his boat is fun and relaxing, not to mention the delicious fresh cooked food and after diving snacks. The music is good too!

Like many people, diving is a recreational sport for me, and I spend a lot of money on diving, so I have high expectations.

Robert of Adventure will easily schedule 3 dives a day to insure his customers get the dives they want, include wreck and coral dives. He blends EANx and fills air on board so divers are not tank limited.

My gear has never been damaged on his boat, or getting on and off, and in fact he once helped me with a problem with my MK25 regs before a dive. He never rushes divers and he loves to dive the best sites like his customers.

I have never heard anyone complain about a day of diving with Adventure Divers. Robert truly runs a customer oriented dive business. He is also a very good instructor. My Wreck spec and Rescue classes with Robert were so good I will never forget them ... the way a spec should be.

SI on his boat is fun and relaxing, not to mention the delicious fresh cooked food and after diving snacks. The music is good too!

I agree entirely, so nice to see somone that actually wants to take good care of the customers and give them what they have paid for. If all others operated in the same fashion I doubt we would have seen all the complaints that we have over recent months about Pattaya DC's.

I forgot to mention two other things about AD:

- Robert, the owner, will always take your phone call. If he is busy and says he will call you back, he always does so. He treats everyone nicely and he is a man of honor.

- Robert will always try to schedule your favorite dive. If you call him and say "tomorrow we want to dive the Khram" he will do his best to make it happen.

He is a different kind of dive center owner. His sets the bar so high, effortlessly, by his sincere customer focus and he has a great sense of humor and is fun to hang with during evening SI and drink cold beer too.

... And since Robert never reads SB, we don't have to worry about embarrassing him with all this praise, LOL

EOM

Yes it is such a pity other shops don't aspire to the same standards.
But from the ones that don't there is all too often the familiar rallying calls of 'it can't be true' when people speak out about poor service they have experienced.
Not wishing to repeat myself but I dare say the complaints we frequently see on these forums would be non existent if they simply gave the customer what they have paid for in a polite and courteous manner as is the norm at Adventure Divers.

I forgot to mention two other things about AD:

- Robert, the owner, will always take your phone call. If he is busy and says he will call you back, he always does so. He treats everyone nicely and he is a man of honor.

- Robert will always try to schedule your favorite dive. If you call him and say "tomorrow we want to dive the Khram" he will do his best to make it happen.

He is a different kind of dive center owner. His sets the bar so high, effortlessly, by his sincere customer focus and he has a great sense of humor and is fun to hang with during evening SI and drink cold beer too.

... And since Robert never reads SB, we don't have to worry about embarrassing him with all this praise, LOL

EOM

“I also had a bad experience in Koh Chang. Oddly enough, we were charged "extra" to be taken to the national marine park where we were guided over beds of broken coral and explained how the coral had been destroyed by local fisherman.

What a total waste of time and money.

On the second dive, where the coral was a bit better, there was a terrified snorkeler from one of those big snorkel-only boats who was standing on the reef trying to find a way to get back to his boat. He was obviously stressed out and afraid of the reef. One of the senior instructors on the boat started yelling and screaming at the terrified snorkeler, demanding he get off the reef. I watched in a kind of horror as this obvious inexperienced snorkeler was verbally abused by our DM for standing on a reef. Of course, standing on a reef is not good, but "terrified humans under stress have rights too, I thought quietly to myself!

Then, the nice Thai people on our dive boat sent the inflatable dingy out to pick up the snorkeler and nicely give him a lift back to his boat. The DM on our boat then yelled obscenities at the Thais for rescuing the under stress snorkeler.

What a great day of 2,500 Baht diving that was”

The above was quote was taken from your post on the thread “LK's Pattaya Bash or I am a diver not a hairdresser crack head :)”

After scrolling through your previous posts I'm beginning to see a pattern emerge. It seems that every time you leave your comfort zone with Adventure Divers in Pattaya you end up slagging off the Dive Centres, Instructors and DM’s wherever you go! Obviously Koh Chang was not up to your high standards. Recently you tried you hand at diving in Koh Tao with the same predictable results. Although you claim you are unbiased you are now creaming your pants about Adventure Divers in your thread "Accolades for Adventure Divers, Pattaya". While I have nothing against Adventure Divers I would like to ask the question: Do you have an ulterior motive in 'Bigging-Up' Adventure and slamming all others? Are you being put up to this by a 'third party' or do you really have a vested interest in Adventure Divers, Pattaya?

When anyone questions your opinions you then start spouting Scubaboard TOS and try to get the posts/members removed (See your recent thread "ScubaBoard TOS on Harassment and Cyberbullying"). However, judging by some of the replies to that thread it would seem that the SB staff are finally catching on to you.

There is nothing personal in this post. I'm only trying to work out your real agenda. Let's see if you're successful in having me removed again! :no:

Hi Thai_Diver,

Hi have no financial interest in any business in Thailand. I am retired and have plenty of money to dive when and where and as I please and I dive with only the best shops.

That is also the reason I can post objectively, honestly and truthfully.

Of course I am comfortable with Adventure Divers. So is everyone else who replied this this thread. They are a great shop.

It is really odd that the only time you post is when you are stalking me to attack me (as you did in many unprofessional and personal ways before), or in this case, question my motives.

How about you just stop stalking my posts Thai_Diver and go on with your life, OK? There is more to life that stalking the posts of funrecdiver on ScubaBoard. Maybe you could post a constructive detailed review of something not related to funrecdiver, based on your own diving experience and actual contribute to SB.

For example, you have never dived with Adventure Divers. Why are you posting in this thread?

I am sure you have more to do that stalk me on this board?

Yes it is such a pity other shops don't aspire to the same standards.
But from the ones that don't there is all too often the familiar rallying calls of 'it can't be true' when people speak out about poor service they have experienced.

Hi LK,

Also, what is also funny is when someone posts and questions the motives of paying customers who have no financial interest in any dive shop expect spending money.

As we all learn who have been in Thailand for a long time, many foreigners want to live in Thailand and they come here and try to make money anyway they can. Since PADI does not check the work permits of instructors working here, many people find they can make a bit of cash working in the scuba industry without proper work permits.

Since getting back into diving and I found a lot of odd "professionals" working in the dive industry in Thailand. These "professionals" tend to also be the same people who love to attack customers who post honest reviews. Almost never do the dive professionals with valid work permits and who do not hide behind a SB user ID, show any rudeness to customers.

I always advise people who want to live in Thailand to make money elsewhere and spend it here, and operate within Thai immigration law. Many people who try to work here get really stressed out, because it is not easy to make money as a foreigner working in Thailand.

That is also a big reason why I admire businesses like Adventure Divers. We know how tough it is to do business in Thailand, but Robert runs a very nice business here and gives great service.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread has been closed. If the disruptions in this forum continue I will start removing every one who participates first from the discussion, then from the forum itself.

If anyone feels it is their place to point out the meaning of the ToS, sock puppets, stalkers, or anything else along that line, think again. That's why we have a Report button and staff to review it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom