Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw Analox Nitrox analyzers in the pics and several which is a nice upgrade, but there was a CO tank tester? Who supplied that? What were your higher readings?

Well since the cat is almost out of the bag……. Yes during my last visit I brought down and started the installation of Analox Co Clear analyzers on each of our compressor systems. This will help ensure the safety of our guests and staff. This system provides real time CO readings to prevent the distribution of contaminated air.

We also added three more Nitrox analyzers (now have 5 available to guests) and I am heading back down in two weeks for an even larger upgrade in the Dive Center (Actions speak louder so don’t ask as I will show you once it is all set for guests).

Hope to see you in Roatan

Rich
Fantasy Island Resort
Fantasy Island Dive Travel
888-503=6030

and I am heading back down in two weeks for an even larger upgrade in the Dive Center (Actions speak louder so don’t ask as I will show you once it is all set for guests).

Hope to see you in Roatan

Rich
Fantasy Island Resort
Fantasy Island Dive Travel
888-503=6030

I bet you're replacing the docks. :D

hi Dandy Don, Thanks for the critique of my review. I tipped the dm and captain 5/tank each and left $50 for the dock crew. I didnt have to lift a tank the whole week and used the skiff a few times. I also used bug spray, but my point was more about not having to set an alarm clock because you will be woken up by the sprayer. By the way if anyone has a spare respirator face mask, I'm sure it would be healthier for the guy spraying than the useless paper mask he was wearing. With regards to the CO analysis, I only asked Darren if the air was tested and he said yes there was an analyzer inline. Perhaps he meant that they had talked about one or dreamt about one, or that one will be here "tomorrow". Next time I will not accept anyone's word and insist on seeing the equipment for myself. I also remember Rich saying that one was being installed about 2 months ago when I made my reservation. Regardless at least one is on its way. Regarding the nitrox settings, I just prefer to be cautious while underwater and not try to extend time at depth by the more generous nitrox times. The actual residual nitrogen in my body when I surface is the same regardless of my computer settings. I really do feel better using nitrox, and I would breathe it on land if the tanks werent so heavy. I do set the max depth alarm for the MOD just in case. Sometimes if there is some reason to extend my time at depth, I will go into the red and have to clean it up on the way up, even though I would not have the deco obligation if the computer was set for the correct mix. Things can only get better at FI. I tried to conserve on the towel usage, but I couldnt get them to dry out between uses, even outside inthe sun.

Well since the cat is almost out of the bag……. Yes during my last visit I brought down and started the installation of Analox Co Clear analyzers on each of our compressor systems. This will help ensure the safety of our guests and staff. This system provides real time CO readings to prevent the distribution of contaminated air.
Glad to hear. Installed yet? I don't know how much it takes to keep them maintained and calibrated but it's always nice to see a dive Op join the 21st century in this regard. You may find that running the compressors all day leads to shut-downs and want to install massive cooling fans. I'll still bring my personal analyzer for cross checking, but cool. :thumb:
We also added three more Nitrox analyzers (now have 5 available to guests) and I am heading back down in two weeks for an even larger upgrade in the Dive Center (Actions speak louder so don’t ask as I will show you once it is all set for guests).
That is so much better than the one off-brand analyzer I'd seen there the last two trips. The life of the O2 sensors varies with how much O2 exposure they get. I keep a Sensor-Saver in mine, inside a Pelican box, but I don't guess that would be feasible in day use. Just keeping them from vanishing is challenge enough probly. You probly got Sensor-Savers with the units so if you can get the dive shop guys to store them away in a large Pelican box with the Sensor-Savers inserted while not in use, it'll help. Analox does not suggest keeping spare sensors on hand as they age in the package, but for your remote location - you may want to keep one extra starting when the first one goes out. Just some suggestions as I'd bring my own anyway.

So about those bathrobes? Are you laundering daily or just when they seem to smell?

I hope you saw my suggestions on towel racks for the hotel rooms and maybe a note: "To help us conserve water, simply hang your towel up if you would like to use it further, or leave it on the floor if you would like it replaced with a fresh one."

With regards to the CO analysis, I only asked Darren if the air was tested and he said yes there was an analyzer inline. Perhaps he meant that they had talked about one or dreamt about one, or that one will be here "tomorrow". Next time I will not accept anyone's word and insist on seeing the equipment for myself. I also remember Rich saying that one was being installed about 2 months ago when I made my reservation. Regardless at least one is on its way..

NotNow

Attachments

• NotNow.jpg
    NotNow.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 49
Darren may have been referencing the periodic tab tests. Robert was proud of those, without understanding how worthless they really are.

Yeah, Rich is good about showing results rather than offering promises, hence the title of the thread. It takes time to get the system shipped from Analox, then taken to Roatan, then installed, but I'm sure we can hold him to this.

I'd like to see pics of it in operation when ready, but - I'll still be cross checking with my portable CO tester. I've learned to believe only what I see.

Screw that, I want to know where all the topless model pictures are posted that the other guy that changed his name posted about
The guy that changed his name failed to mention they were all topless guys... :shocked2:

Yeah, Rich is good about showing results rather than offering promises, hence the title of the thread. It takes time to get the system shipped from Analox, then taken to Roatan, then installed, but I'm sure we can hold him to this.

I'd like to see pics of it in operation when ready, but - I'll still be cross checking with my portable CO tester. I've learned to believe only what I see.

You better believe you can hold me to it. Remember I dive here to so it is not just our guests and staff safety I am trying to look out for but also mine! I took them down with me a couple of weeks ago and started installing them. They are mounted and the power is run but wouldn’t you know it parts were missing in the box. So I have the parts on order and they should be to me in a day or two and I am taking them with me back down in a week or two.

I will send you some pics as soon as they are running. Please keep in mind I would not have said anything about them here on such a public forum if they were not already installed and running but it looked like the word was about to get out.

I hope everyone enjoys a safe and fun new year!

All I can say is Wow! :shocked2: Major investments that will definetly improve the quality of the experience for guests!

I hope it won't drive the price up too much...:popcorn: Ahhh, but you can't have it all! Hopefully it will remain within my price range when the family is grown up enough to make a dive trip possible...

Congrats! :coffee::coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom