Actual Experience with Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK. So I have a question that I think I already know the answer to but did not find it in the manual and didn't see it touched on here. I am the new papa to an AI as of this weekend. I have gone through configuring it like I want it and practicing the operation so I am readily familiar with it when I hit actual dives with it next weekend. On my other dive computer (Sherwood Insight) you have to manually select "Nitrox" then input the percentage that you are diving in the tank. On the AI I have not found anywhere to select nitrox but you can input the O2 percentage.

My question is, I assume that Shearwater has removed the step of having to select "nitrox" first and I only need to input the percentage of O2 that I am diving? It seems logical but I don't like assuming anything and I my gear to be set up how I want it before the 11th hour.

Can't wait to start diving it (other than in the pool)!

Yes, if you're using Air, just set the O2 percentage to 21. No separate setting for Air vs Nitrox vs Trimix.

Thanks Stuart! I figured that was the case but wanted to ask the knowerabouters.

First two dives today with the Perdix AI. The computer performed flawlessly and the readability of the display in less than stellar underwater conditions was amazing.

We dove in Jupiter, FL this morning and the conditions sucked. The seas were probably 4-5 feet with ocassional higher waves. The main discomfort was the underwater temperatures which were from 64 degrees or less at the bottom to 66 degrees at 60 feet or so. I am a spoiled warm water and I happily admit it but today was the coldest I have ever been while diving.

However, I do love this new computer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom