Adjustment and proper fit on the Halcyon BP setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....where are you talking about?

In front the harness rests against my pectoral muscles and then down under your shoulder, side of your ribcage, then around to your back (where the bottom of the plate is, obviously)

In BACK? Between what and what? Between the plate and body on the back? 2, MAYBE three fingers. Its pretty snug...

said about three fingers (inch and a half) or so off your chest. Told me mine was too tight, and the crotch strap too long/ loose. So without the crotch strap or waist buckled, pull out on one strap and see if its about three fingers (cub scout salute) and then adjust the crotch strap snug it all up. This should make the waist belt below your diaphram as suggested. He also told me about being able to touch the top of your b/p as you said you could, so that sounds good n' close.

tony

ps. Yes, the fellow is a caver, DIR, ect. I'm not, never will be, but a couple dives with him and he earned my respect.

21 1/2 days to go

Genesis...... I think Divernva was only trying to validate his advice to you. He is trying to be sure you make your harness snug.... and then SNUG it up! Your harness shoulder straps should be very tight. Almost uncomfortable on land.

I think you should try your new setup both ways, and experience the difference.

But..... be sure you try it both ways. Even though you feel comfortable with the harness a tad loose.... be sure to go ahead and readjust it and feel the difference.

Enjoy your new rig!
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom