Advanced sidemount clinic August 25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The North Florida Springs Alliance is hosting its 2nd annual Advanced Skills Workshop. One clinic will be an advanced sidemount clinic with Lamar Hires.
Lamar Hires from Dive Rite,and also a member of a group of cave explorers that are responsible for the sidemount configuration we are using will teach this. There are several other clinics,and for $15 admission price (free if a NFSA member) it will include park admission,food and door prizes. Go to www.northfloridaspringsalliance.org to see more info

I am going to try to make this. I hope I can.

The clinic will have some good stuff:

John Spann is smoking some Boston Butts and will be serving pork sandwiches in addition to hamburgers & hot dogs and all the usual trimmings with a good old boy BBQ.

Lamar Hires will be helping experienced sidemount divers tweak their sidemount rigs. He will also be helping newbies...We always pick up good information from Lamar.

Dave Zapalla from Advanced Hydrotest will be telling us how to maintain our cylinders, and valves. He will explain to us how he hydros them and how he inspects them. I expect valuable information from Dave.

Gene Page who as many of you know is a professional Hollywood / movie photographer will be showing newbies and experienced underwater photographers how to capture that amazing shot...

Dr. Mike Stine will be leading tours through the park explaining the trees, flowers and other plant life in the park. He will point out all the interpretive trail kiosks and plant ID panels that you, as members of the NFSA have sponsored and paid for. Mike is a biologist with a concentration on forest biology, there is MUCH to be learned from Mike.

Brett Hemphill will be showing us how he has modified his CCR for the cave exploration that he has done and continues to do. Bretts' presentationas are always interesting.

Bob Schulte has proven himself to be an excellent surveyor and cartographer....he will show you how to start, show you how it is done. Maybe he will show us his map of the Dark Side of Devil's Eye....

We hope Walter can make it .. he may have a schedule conflict. If he does make it, he will show you how to climb a tree or a vertical wall and get down safely.

This is going to be a great time, good friends, good speakers/tours and good grub.

Go to North Florida Springs Alliance to register.

All that sounds great! I have about 100 SM dives, but all wet with AL80's so learning some info on dry with steels would be great. I have tanks that are needing hydro now, and learning about how it is done would be nice. I love underwater photo and video, so a professional who doesn't mind sharing would be amazing. Learning about the trails and wildlife would be something new for me. I simply know, tree and bush. Brett is awesome, and I don't dive CCR but would love to hear what he has to say. Surveying is something I want to try, so Bob could teach me a thing or a thousand. And if Walter can make it, I only get in to rappelling with the Army, never actually had to go up a wall. That would be cool.

I need to talk my wife in to coming to this.

Hi all,

If you can make it, we would like to see you attend. Members of the NFSA may attend free. If you are not a member, the fee is $15 which is also the cost of an annual membership. Regardless of your skill level or dive certs, if anything in Jim's post interests you, you will not be disappointed. IF you are cavern/cave trained, plan to work in a dive between sessions. It is also a chance to visit one of the best state parks in Florida and see the positive effect that a Citizens Support Organization can have on a park. For more information, go to North Florida Springs Alliance.

Hope to see you on the 25th.

Wonderful. I plan on joining NFSA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom