Advice for beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the local advice. I wasn't able to find anything on which game was ok to spear. I had previously thought only carp an such was able to be shot with bow or spear. Finding clear water around here is tough, but there are some rock basin lakes that are popular scuba spots. I'm looking forward to spring.

In Nebraska we use mostly Short pneumatic guns, The Vis is close so a shorter gun length is a must. Walleye are curious and will come investigate tapping. (rock against barrel of gun is what I use) They are scarred by bubbles so breath control is important. Our dives are mostly solo when hunting again to limit the bubbles.

As above find a buddy who hunts and learn from Him/Her. I learned to dive from my hunting buddies and only got certified to dive in Coz. the cert. was important and I learned from it but I had more than 50 dives before all in search of fish.

Good Luck Walt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom