Advice for LDS operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sign on my store door (might be copyrighted by someone else)

Office Hours:

Open most days about 9 or 10
Occasionally as early as 7,
But some days as late as 12 or 1
We close at 5:30 or 6
Occasionally about 4 or 5,
But sometimes as early as 11 or 12
Some days and afternoons we aren't here at all,
But lately I've been here just about all the time
Except when I'm someplace else,
But I should be here then, too.
While I understand that is intended to mostly be humor, if your shop was closed during what I would consider "normal" business hours and had that sign anywhere near the door, I wouldn't be back to your shop ever again. Even though I am generally a "mellow" guy in situations like this, one of my biggest pet peeves is unreliability and if I can't have some vague idea of when you will ACTUALLY be in the shop, I won't bother giving you my money. I'd rather deal with online retailers than brick and mortar shops that I can't rely on to be available when I need/want them.

planed a local dive this pass Sunday at a site i have not been before i needed to rent some tanks
i did some reascarc and there was a dive shop within walking distance from the dive site. i found there web site and saw they opened at 9am. cool i could be in the water by 9:30am

well i drive be the shop at 9:15am and it was closed with the posted hours on the door saying closes on Sunday WTF!!! :bs::cussing: totally ruined the dive :angrymob:

if this shop has there correct hours posted i would have picked up tanks a day or two earlier and still have been able to dive

I am all for sticking to posted hours, but I would never assume a dive shop was opened on Sunday without asking. Maybe that is just me. Being the ex Boy Scout and soldier I am, I would have picked up the tanks the day before just in case something happened and they were closed. Especially if it was close to me.

With all the technology we have, Iphones, GPS, data plans. You think we would be smart and just try the old fashion phone call to a real life person to get the most accurate data out there. :wink:
Not everyone knows how to update a website. You think the shop owners make their own website or even know how to play around with it? Nope they usually pay someone to do it.

In my situation, the hours were listed both on the website and on the front door. Monday was the day they scheduled to be open a couple of hours later than normal, which makes a stop after work feasible. I've never had a problem with my other LDS (my go-to where I get all of my equipment serviced, etc), but I will probably call them in future just to avoid having to rant. :cool2:

For background, my LDS up in RI when I am up north is very clear about calling before you swing by just in case the owner is out of the shop. Maybe all the shops need to give the same advice...

On a good note, my new mask arrived last night and I can't wait to get it wet. XS Scuba Fusion 3 window

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom