Advice needed Dive Cruise Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the Kona Aggressor in August 2002. I never saw another dive boat until our last day when we did the manta night dive. The sites we dove didn't seem like they were frequented often, if at all, by other dive operations. The cook was great and the divemasters were always available and willing to show you the sites. On another live aboard, the "divemasters" simply showed you a white board and sent you on your way. These DM's entered the water only to take pictures of you that they later tried to sell. Kona Aggressor DM's offered to give you a tour of each site; they were equally accommodating to those divers wishing to explore on their own.

jetfixer:
Aloha! Can anyone suggest a 7 day Hawaiian Island Cruise centered around diving? Live aboard? Charter? NCL?[/QUOTE

I read some of the replies where some were telling you to do a land based dive trip rather than a live aboard. I've done both in many places. I always prefer the live aboards. It's not really all that expensive when you consider all the food, snacks, and drinks you get included. Most of them include beer, wine, and rum. It's not top shelf stuff, but then who cares when you're making pina coladas and rum runners.

The best part is the convenience. You don't have to drive anywhere or haul your gear around. There's a warm towel and something to eat and drink available as soon as you climb up the ladder. You wake up to hot coffee and a great breakfast. You can dine in your p.j.'s or bathing suit. There's tons of great diving, tons of food, games, movies, and lots of relaxation in the sun or shade.

If you're going with a group, it's so much nicer. It's often difficult for everyone to agree where to eat, what to do or see, and where to dive. On a live aboard, there's no decisions to make. You don't have to try to keep everyone together. You can hang out with everyone, or just curl up with a book and a cool drink on a lounge chair or in your cabin.

If you're traveling alone or as a couple, it's great because you get to meet and party with other people.

I've not done the Kona Aggressor but I hear it's very nice and the food is fantastic. We're actually considering doing the Kona in 2006. Our only problem is that it's not big enough to hold our entire group.

Back
Top Bottom